[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

jr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1843.jpg (128KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1843.jpg
128KB, 396x594px
70 pages in. pretty lost. am i a pleb if i use moore's outline/character cast this soon? i mean im getting it in broad strokes - should i just hold off and ill get it as i go further on? i used his notes for recognitions, but was more for specific references - not because i was having trouble following.
>>
Reread
>>
>>8951112
yeah i figured this would be the answer. just not a short book.
>>
>>8951052
its overrated

look who paid for it
>>
>>8951131
You're 70 pages in
>>
>>8951153
explain. who paid for it?
>>
>>8951052
You're supposed to be filling the blanks while advancing. Don't worry, the further you get, the more you'll understand. It's not that difficult once you start tying all the pieces.
>>
>>8951052
you are a total pleb. this book has like 8 different characters all with unique personalities. what is there to even get lost about. everything is laid out straight up for you. this isn't some metaphorical shit to decipher.
>>
File: IMG_0003.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0003.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Just try to have fun with it. J R is a very funny book with great characters, and if I assure you if you keep at it things will make more sense.
>>
>>8951153
are you saying because rockefeller gave money towards it it's overrated?
>>
What's important about the narrative in J R is that it is a "flow" of information rather than discrete blocks of scenes like most other novels. If you have a sense of who the characters are, the main issues facing Bast's inheritance/the businessmen's takeover of the school/J R's trading and company building, then you should be good. It's supposed to be disorienting. You're supposed to feel like you're barely getting enough information to understand what's going on, because this is how the characters feel too. You can spend your time trying to go into the minutia of economics and corporate law that explains why things are happening (most of which happens "off camera"), but this is better to do after you finish the novel, teebeehache. First time reading it, you're just along for the ride.

Best online resource is this: http://www.williamgaddis.org/jr/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.