[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you read the Bhagavad Gita today? If no, what are you waiting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage(13).jpg (157KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(13).jpg
157KB, 700x400px
Did you read the Bhagavad Gita today?
If no, what are you waiting?
>>
Wow, gotta admire the effort you put into making this thread, now kindly fuck off.
>>
i dont want to read DMT induced trash
>>
>>8946185
i have alredy read one copy, but every night i soak my mind in a few of the texts before bed, its just sublime, have you read any of the other hindu scriptures or key religious litrature?
>>
BG is pleb tier.
>>
>>8946295
pleb detected
>>
File: 3569686978_d633d4ba60_m.jpg (9KB, 240x186px) Image search: [Google]
3569686978_d633d4ba60_m.jpg
9KB, 240x186px
>>8946185
As a matter of fact I was reading it last night. I read it at least once a month.

What's everybody's favorite version? I like the Edwin Arnold translation and refuse to read anything else.
>>
svetasvatara upanishad is better desu
>>
>>8946456
I like the Nabar/Tumkur translation.
>>
>>8946185
>reading foreign literature
psued detected

go through the Western canon before you touch poo in loo garbage
>>
>>8946468
That's the one I see everywhere. Is the Edwin Arnold version even in print?
>>
>>8946456
I have the Swami Chinmayananda full commentary, it's like 500 pages
>>
>>8946491
Does the commentary throughout the whole thing? I hate that.
>>
>>8946521
Yes
I might buy the text only version, but I wanted to understand clearly everything
>>
>>8946185
My favorite line from the BG is when Arjuna (or however is called the wronged hero) insists with Krisna (or however is called that god that is prodding him into battle against his relatives) that it still seems wrong to kill his uncles, and maybe it is better if he surrenders.

At some point he says something like: "But Krisna, I know from authorized sources that one shouldn't kill the elders of the tribe, because without the elders there will be no one to keep the moral code and the slut shaming, and without the moral code the girls will go out with any foreigner and there will be many unwanted pregnancies!"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.