[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have the pic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: existentialism2.jpg (2KB, 54x126px) Image search: [Google]
existentialism2.jpg
2KB, 54x126px
Does anyone have the pic?
>>
yes, you do.
>>
>>8942858
I meant the normal size bro!
>>
File: 1314191751014.png (87KB, 579x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1314191751014.png
87KB, 579x1388px
>>
>>8943375
>this is me right now
help how do I get out of this
>>
>>8943375
thanks
>>
>>8943392
Reich...
Fuhrer...
Ubermensche...
>>
>>8943413
That's a cute infographic.

Ever think that all of those qualities are not the cause, but the symptoms? You've no way of really knowing whether or not these are things resorted to because of existentialism, or whether they cause existentialism.

And anyways, the mentally ill and sick are to be pitied. Regardless of whether or not these qualities are "natural" or "desirable" it says nothing about their truthfulness. Traditionalism may be an ideal, but not necessarily truth.

/pol/posting is fun elsewhere, but /lit/ was pretty clean and good for discussion last I frequented it.
>>
>>8943392
Read Camus. "The Stranger" and "The Myth of Sisyphus" will reshape your thinking on what it means to live with self-defined purpose.
>>
>>8943413
>people who have existential crises are fuck ups
Or maybe they're just intelligent enough to realize that when you leave the present moment and examine your motivations for doing things it's all primal, artificial or just generally baseless.

Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is suffering.

but, rather than submit to some established traditional value you can make your own like neechee said.
>>
>>8943413
I'm who you responded to. This chart doesn't help at all and just makes me feel shitty, which I guess was the desired effect.

>>8943444
I have an unread copy of 'Myth of Sisyphus'. I'll open it up, thanks.
>>
>>8943392
Stop thinking that everything should have a purpose or end. Make friends because you like making friends, or spending time with them. Do stuff for the sake of doing them, not to achieve some end. (Only if you're mentally stable)
>>
File: 1422897533206.png (2MB, 1591x1902px) Image search: [Google]
1422897533206.png
2MB, 1591x1902px
>>8943492
If it didn't make you man the fuck up then nothing will

Existential crises are actually very simple; they are nothing more than the individual's realization that his particular needs (whether those be healthy needs or those that are the product of degenerate physiologies in the organism i.e. Jesus, Siddharta, etc) aren't fulfilled by his current living conditions, which include social cultural historical economic factors, and the individual's attempts to address them. Of course, working on the notion that individuals can be alike, we get all these generalised theories of how to fulfill these needs specific to like individuals (not forgetting the tendency for individuals to generalise further than they're warranted) via the Bible, ethics, existentialism, etc. So you have all this cluttered up crap from different people who haven't got their shit together in their particular circumstances thinking it's the human condition and writing for everyone else on how to solve their problems when one person's problems, one type's problems, aren't at all another's, indeed, some of us don't even have those problems to begin with because we're not a degenerate breed. A black man realizing he's not happy as a slave in white society is an "existential crisis", a child who cries about not getting a toy is having an "existential crisis", they're just a lot more modest and situated than some comfortable 16 year old lounging next to a pool whose needs are totally different and on a completely different level. They're more developed in a sense because they're not concerned with survival value or basic desire fulfillment, but they're on the opposite side of the spectrum in which the diseased body starts to produce its own decadent sickness.
>>
>>8943561
>just b urself lol

th...thanks
>>
>>8944240
Listen here bud there's no a happy pill that will do all the work for you more than your own willpower.
>>
>>8943392
You need drugs. Go see a psychiatrist.
>>
>>8943392
accept that it's ridiculous to be upset that the universe is not framed around your life, but that you never needed that framing since what made you enjoy life still exists (friends, love, art, etc etc). unless youre just a total baby that needs to be told and assured that your life has value instead of going out and pursuing what you like to give it, in your own eyes, that very value

yes, if you just sit around in your room moaning about how life is meaningless and thats terrible then no shit, youre not making shit out of your life so of course its meaningless.

i found conquest of happiness, the mezzanine and 2666 helped me come to this. 2666 may not have been intended to have anything to do with this though but its how i interpreted it
>>
>recommending Camus as a cure for existential crises
A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me.
>>
>>8944839
>meaning
*tip
>>
>>8944083

No needs are fulfilled by any living conditions. All illusory fulfillment is dissipated by infirmity, abandonment, and Death. The working classes, the outgoing sociable, the athletic and strong-willed are the butt of the cruelest joke.
>>
>>8944340
drugs are the way to change your attitude without changing any of your maladaptive perspective or gaining any knowledge.
better to change your way of thinking organically, to attack the root rather than the symptoms. even if the root is external. society has a lot to answer for, and its change starts with you, the individual. but if you're doped up enough you'll be too satisfied to change. depression comes from legitimate frustrations.

>>8944083
>people who don't think existentially don't have existential crises
>>
Nihilism is just the loss of the Big Other. Like other scientific discoveries, it is both fascinating and terrifying.

The Death of God is the death of a reliable meaning to life, yes. But it also means that we do not have to sacrifice cows every Saturday to avoid going to hell.

I think that when we are told our lives are meaningless, the feeling of uncomfortable anxiety and despair that we feel is what Freud really meant when he talked about Narcissistic mortification. We are so humiliated and feel so alone that we experience both fear and drive towards death.

I think that really loneliness is the culprit of the existential crisis. We have no Big Other to submit our life's work to, there is no singular authority to affirm our worth as persons. The solution to this, as corny as it sounds, is to embrace social connection and try to influence each other and thus live on through each other and feel more connected with the world.
>>
>>8944083
jeez, what an retarded infographic.

1) professional athletics frequently suffer from an existiential crisis since their whole life is based around winning and when they stop winning, they fall into a whole
2) socially outgoing people are often total messes whenever they are just by themselves
>>
>>8944083
That info-graphic triggered me because it is so wrong. Good shit-post Anon.
>>
realize that you're a bald ape with a big brain, that Jebus is a superstition and so is life after death, that the material world is the only truth, and then do whatever you want
>>
>>8944083
I disagree.

I think that an identity crisis can happen to anyone in a time of hardship or anyway when they come in contact with something radically different with their point of view in a way that makes them question themselves.

A human being isn't something static, it's something dynamic in a constant state of change.

Essentially an identity crisis means that a person is changing in a way or another. We shouldn't demonize them but support those people in a way that benefits them the most in choosing what to become in the future.
>>
>>8945929
Agreed

>>8946649
every individual has its own demons to deal with
>>
>>8943444
I've read The Stranger, it does nothing of what you say...
>>
>>8944240
Fuck you faggot, you're not going to find any better advice than that. Either take it or don't.
>>
>>8946940
What does "be yourself" mean? Is there a "true self" inside everyone of us?
>>
existential crises happen when your belief systems lose their weight.

most people have that vague pain, that vague emptiness, because suddenly they no longer have that same sense of 'being'. you don't even have to be a christian who then feels like they lose god: sometimes just the weight of god itself, the idea, can disappear. this is applicable with anything. careers, education, relationships, and any other religious systems. if you center yourself around an idea, if that idea changes/loses weight, you can lose your sense of self

therefore, you must build your sense of self on a foundation that is unmovable, unbreakable. this is of course, easier said than done. we as human beings though are always in the state of being, and it is through learning about the way others live that we can find what we agree with and what we do not. keep searching for truth, in the sense that you're cultivating your own truth, your own reasons to keep living. do not think that chasing happiness is possible, either. fulfillment comes from being true to yourself. happiness is not a permanent end.

some people in the thread have recommended camus, but make sure you understand that him and sartre and other existentialists are trying to show you that life can be meaningful and that you shouldn't give into nihilism.
>>
>>8943444
camus fucking sucks
>>
>>8946947
It means not being afraid of saying what you think or feel
>>
>>8947260
Not being afraid of saying what you think or feel is just stupid. In the best case it may make a social outcast out of you, or even get you lynched if what you think or feel is very disaligned with others' values.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.