[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God, this book is so terrifying to read, I'm somewhere between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 61DXYp-90pL.jpg (67KB, 313x500px) Image search: [Google]
61DXYp-90pL.jpg
67KB, 313x500px
God, this book is so terrifying to read, I'm somewhere between page 80 and 90 and my mind is picking up the words on the page so fast and my heart is beating out of my chest. This book is stressful as fuck to read, I can't even pick it back up right now.
>>
>>8941428
Suppose you try not being a faggot?

is just joke pls don't kill me
>>
>>8941428
>liberal cuck detected

Grow some balls, you fucking fairy
>>
don't worry, after he does the deed it calms back down
>>
>>8941428
I read the p&v version so everyone was was constamtly on their knees kissjng everyone's feet all the time, so it was more of an erotic comedy.
>>
>>8943328
I read this same version too. Is there an actual difference between the translations?
>>
>>8941539
this, the first part was so thrilling i couldnt keep myself
>>
>>8944970
*from jacking myself off as I was reading it, daydreaming about Raskolnikov's dreamy eyes and suggested gloomy facial expression
>>
File: IMG_3155.jpg (60KB, 695x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3155.jpg
60KB, 695x489px
>>8941447
>>
why has crime and punishment been discusssed nonstop lately?
>>
>>8944974
I would rather have an actual discussion about literature than the 14th "why can't black/women/Mexicans/Africans/gays think/write/read?" thread
>>
>>8944941
I get the distinct feeling from what I've heard that that version is literally translated so if you don't know what a Russian saying or turn of ohrase means, it will just sound bizarre and awkward, whereas other translations translate the entire meaning into a way English readers can more easily understand. I mean you can compensate with context clues to an extent, but Im still not 100 percent sure "wept and kissed her feet" isn't literal. Maybe Russians were bizarre back then.
>>
>>8945178
You know the p&v version leaves expressions in their original terminology, but are each numbered according to the context in the back of the book, right?
>>
>>8941428
>tfw you read the shitty P&V translation before you knew any better and now the book is forever tarnished.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
You fellows might be interested in checking out The Rabbit Back Literature Society by Pasi Ilmari Jääskeläinen; it's set in an endearing little world in which the protagonist finds a curious copy of C&P in which Sonya shoots Raskolnikov... All sorts of drama ensues, as I'm sure you can imagine.
>>8945022
>>
>>8946224
what's wrong with the P&V translation? It uses modern words and apparently very faithful to the original translation.
>>
>>8946336
Your to stupid to understand, unfortunatly.
>>
>>8946336
>what's wrong with the P&V translation?

Nothing, /int/ is just contrarian. P&V are highly praised world wide so naturally /lit/ hates their translations.

You see the same thing with Fagles translations of Greek classics
>>
>>8946603
Fagles is inferior to Lattimore in every single aspect.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.