[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me out here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1279.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1279.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
know you guys will have something. i need a word or phrase that's meaning relates, in literature, to the time right before someone is drowned or executed. people have a final meal. last words. what else happens before people are killed?
>>
>>8941336
begging for salvation
>>
>>8941336
The easy example that comes immediately to mind is Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge. The phenomenon is what people call "life passing before my eyes" and the technical term is "life review." It is not to be confused with near death experience, they are not the same thing. Many dissidents and prisoners subjected to mock executions they thought were real report experiencing the life review phenomenon.
>>
>>8941670
is near death experience when people think theyre floating up from their bodies. this is a very interesting phenom you have up there...
>>
A little glass of rum
>>
>>8941749
>when people think theyre floating up from their bodies

Yes. It is controversial, and conflated with religion, which makes it contentious. Life review can be studied without having to resort to arguments about brain death, which would raise obvious ethical problems for a researcher.

Freed hostages, on the other hand, are plentiful and ecumenical, and have no reason to enoble their reporting about experiences, since there is no built in market for personal experiences of one's own life which have nothing to do with what happens after you're dead.
>>
last breath?
i don't get what you mean by "in literature"
>>
>>8941822
i just read a bunch of stuff about it. do you think it's real? most of the compelling aspects (mass similar experiences) are shared with alien abduction, no?
>>
>>8941873
I suppose I am lucky enough never to have had a moment in life where I believed I was about to die. SO I can't say for sure. NDE is probably some kind of subjective interpretation. For example, if the manner of death physically destroys the brain, then an NDE is impossible, which imputes some kind of moral weight to the manner of one's death. If my brain has to continue to exist mostly intact in order to have ,y heaven or hell experience, then why are the sacred texts silent on this? Even way back, they are always urging the tribe into battles that involve the frequent risk of having your head bashed in, which would ruin your chances. Seems more faked up for movies and book sales.

Life review, though, has been around for a long time. I have had experiences of subjectively compacted time, what we now call "bullet time" since the Matrix rendered a filmic version of it that high performing people can attest to. Even musicians and surfers know what bullet time feels like. Since emotional states can be described as biochemical admixtures, and they are common because our biochemical ingredients and mechanisms are common, I would say that I believe in life review as a phenomenon, probably created by sincere belief in the imminent end of life, and the extremity of emotional trauma that creates in otherwise normal people. I notice, for example, that sociopaths are under-represented among life review self-reporters.
>>
>>8941336
dude just listen to hallowed be thy name by iron maiden or the mercy seat by nick cave
>>
>>8942124
just curious - do you like nick cave? only thing i like from him is that story in the fake movie he did about nina simone loving to do bumps and eat sausage
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.