[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name Your Favorite Philosopher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0346.gif (100KB, 457x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0346.gif
100KB, 457x600px
>>
Richard Dawkins
>>
Johann Kaspar Schmidt
>>
Stefan Molyneux
>>
Samuel Harris
>>
Sax Player
I mean
Max Stirner
>>
You posted him, OP.

I need to get around to rereading the City of God.
>>
File: alexander-dugin1.jpg (71KB, 350x571px) Image search: [Google]
alexander-dugin1.jpg
71KB, 350x571px
Papa Dugin
>>
>>8939822

I just got Confessions in the Sheed translation.
>>
>>8939736
Ted Kaczynski
>>
>>8939736
Lothrop Stoddard
>>
I love my favorite
>>
seriously where did those silly hats come from

i seemed to have missed the part where jesus said people need to wear the silliest hat they can imagine
>>
>>8939883
Everyone will meme on you trying to tell you that the Confessions is the world's first autobiography.

It isn't. Augustine is never talking to himself. He's talking to God, always, all the time. Because, of course, Augustine is a Christian, a real Christian, not a fake one. For him, God is ever-present, always there at his side and in his heart. God is the witness to his life, so, in a sense, Augustine tells him nothing that he does not already know. But Augustine must tell him anyway, not for God's benefit, but for his own. Just as God must ask the questions of Adam and Eve in Eden; God already knows the answers, but by asking the questions he forces Adam and Eve to confront their actions.
>>
>>
Clover and Lapin.
>>
QUINE
>>
File: The_Invisibles_v2_08_00FC.jpg (651KB, 995x1549px) Image search: [Google]
The_Invisibles_v2_08_00FC.jpg
651KB, 995x1549px
>>8939736
Grant Morrison.
>>
>>8939736
Mister Bertrand Russel

>tfw capital gains distributed unevenly and the projected 12 hour work week isnt reality

>tfw no age of philosophical enlightenment caused by technological expansion of the leisure class to encompass 90% of people

Feels badman
>>
File: joe-rogan.jpg (33KB, 345x238px) Image search: [Google]
joe-rogan.jpg
33KB, 345x238px
Joe Rogan, he really makes me think
>>
>>8940139
Dude
>DC had one line that originally read "Walt Disney was a shit"
Grant Morrison up in the chan speak wew.
>>
>>8940145
dude was way ahead of his time. taught me what i know of sigil magick, and introduced me to debord and baudrillard. college is for faggots.
>>
>>
Montaigne, if he counts. Otherwise Nietzsche.
>>
File: stop reading.png (581KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
stop reading.png
581KB, 762x464px
Varg Vikernes
>>
I am my favourite philosopher
>>
Right now, Soren Kierkegaard or G. W. Leibniz
>>
Im really attracted to schopey rn. I really like Boethius.
>>
File: ill be dagon.jpg (76KB, 864x516px) Image search: [Google]
ill be dagon.jpg
76KB, 864x516px
>>8939903
Priests of Dagon used to wear fish on their heads. Because Catholicism is a pagan cult to keep people from being Protestants (true Christians) they wear that hat to appease their false gods.
>>
Ben Stiller
>>
David Hume.
Only philosopher with a remote sense of humor.
>>
>>8942178
Catholicism was around way before Protestants so no.
>>
>>8942178
ur mom doesn't complain
>>
>>8942178
Ι Χ Θ Υ Σ
Χ
Θ
Υ
Σ
>>
>>8940165
best taste itt
>>
Jung , peterson and mike wallace
>>
>>8942570
Russell, Nietzsche, Kierkegaard, Descartes, Quine all disagree
>>
i don't know, there's a lot to choose from

probably brocken from world heroes
>>
Anselm
>>
>>8942570
>>8944214
there will always be philosophers toward the autistic side of things like kant and hegel, but pretty much any good philosopher has a sense of humor. even wittgenstein cracks jokes
>>
>>8942178
wtf I hate the Vatican now
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.