[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he the G.O.A.T?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Why is he the G.O.A.T?
>>
someone had to be
>>
>>8937874
because there was free pussy and no vidya on his time
>>
>>8937896
>being an adult male
>unironically using the term 'vidya'

Kill yourself
>>
GOAT?
More liek TOAD! amirite
>>
File: url.jpg (4KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
4KB, 223x226px
>>8937904
>>
>>8937900
>being an adult male
>unironically using the term 'Kill yourself'

Grow yourself
>>
File: harold_bloom_123112_620px47.jpg (158KB, 620x416px) Image search: [Google]
harold_bloom_123112_620px47.jpg
158KB, 620x416px
>>8937874

>masterful use of English language whether of high or low diction
>lots of unique characters all with their own individual voice and psychologies
>proficient in multiple genres of theater and poetry
>always focused on deep themes and philosophies while being sure to entertain with drama and jokes
>subtle evasiveness always ensues that we will be reading and interpreting his work as long as we can
>>
>>8937986
Favorites?
>>
>>8938145
Othello or Antony and Cleopatra (not that other anon)
>>
>>8937986
>masterful use of English

certainly not always which becomes an annoying problem
>>
Anglos overbloat it because they have no actual great authors
>>
because of Hamlet, Midsummer, Julius Caesar, and The Tempest
>>
>>8938315
Explain
>>
What's everyone's favorite monologue?
I just memorized friends, Romans, countrymen and No matter where; of comfort no man speak.
>>
>>8938397
He is great. All nationalities will agree with this. The Anglos (not the English people, but their shitty oligarchy of London) you speak of hate him. Everything else you said is true though, except for Chaucer, Marlowe, Milton (a favorite of the swamp dwellers, but he good), Keats, Shelly, and a few others.
>>
>>8937874
Because his plays combine the precise, effective language of poetry and the drama of the theater, and Shakespeare was the author of some of the most human characters in world literature, in contrast to Marlowe's caricatures.

I think Hamlet marks the first time when humanity truly started glancing at the abyss of nihilism that would eventually consume and haunt us in the modern world.
>>
>>8938315
t. Samuel Johnson
>>
>>8938145

The great tragedies are probably the greatest works in world literature, however some other plays like Henry IV, The Tempest, and Twelfth Night rank up there. As You Like It is definitely the most underrated of his plays.
>>
>>8938500
Does all of Macbeth count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusU90ov8pQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LDdyafsR7g
>>
>>8938708
That's impressive if true
>>
>>8937893
underrated
>>
>>8938500
The "upon the king" soliloquy in Henry V

>>8937874
Metaphor

>>8938397
He was canonised by the Germans
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.