[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Kant Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 375410.jpg (24KB, 317x475px) Image search: [Google]
375410.jpg
24KB, 317x475px
Anyone here who read the Critique of Judgment?

General Kant thread as well.
>>
What does Kant have to offer?
>>
>>8937492
I don't read anything written by manlets
>>
>>8937499
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC8ioZkb-Sc

listen and see
>>
>>8937499
I don't know. I like how he divides and anatomizes his concepts. He's particularistic about everything and he offers interesting insights on beauty and its relation to the other critiques. I find the critique of judgment pretty comfy in terms of how he unites the three supersensibles into one esemplastic whole. His analysis of the sublime is fascinating as well. I never saw the difference between the beautiful and the sublime until I read the critique of judgment. His work on the sublime reminds me of Malick's filmography.
>>
>>8937499
Ive never read him, but I believe he provided a strictly rational foundation for morality/ ethics, which was big at the time because people thought the only alternative to god was nihilism
>>
Should I read Practical Reason before this one or is having read Pure Reason good?
>>
>>8938323
Read practical reason too
>>
>>8937492
lol ich KANTe den schon bevor er cool wurde
>>
>>8937492
I did
>>8937499
Wisdom and a system which mediates between empirism and rationalism
>>8938279
This is another book by Kant called "Kritik der praktischen Vernunft" with concept of the categorical imperativ.
>>8938556
Sehr aufschlussreich
>>
total shit
don't bother
>>
File: PowerfulKantianStare.jpg (47KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
PowerfulKantianStare.jpg
47KB, 992x558px
Why does /lit/ have such a hate boner for our based man Kant?
>>
>>8939105
Because Kant is a genius and most of /lit/ are retarded pseuds
>>
>>8937492

Read Kant and then complete the system yourself. It can and will be done.
>>
>>8937499

The Critique of Pure Reason made my head spin and my view of the world crumble down *once I really understood it* (which required several readings during the years, and a generous helping of secondary literature about it - but I kept going at it because even from the first confused skim I realized that there was some terrible meaning I still wasn't able to grasp, and it kept calling me like a dark shadow over my existence).

Also: after finishing it, I realized I could pretty much understand all the weird intellectual books that I had accumulated in my bookshelf just because they were cool, but up to that moment looked like hieroglyphs to me (post-modern word salads, commentaries of some obscure kabbalistic work, mathematical analysis of computer algorithms etc.). It is like the extended workout of decoding Kant's concepts provided me with a universal key into every kind of text.

And lastly: Kant is the boss that will unlock pretty much all the modern and contemporary philosophy to you. His ideas changed the world of human thought in a radical way, and it is essential for understanding everything that came later.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.