[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the Studio Ghibli of Literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: large_Porco_Rosso_HOV_post.png (527KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
large_Porco_Rosso_HOV_post.png
527KB, 800x450px
What is the Studio Ghibli of Literature?
>>
>>8932053
Stephen King
>>
Alice in Wonderland comes pretty close. Also Dr Seuss stories.
>>
Roald Dahl
>>
The quickst way to know is to ask Miyazaki himself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayao_Miyazaki#Influences
>>
John Green.
>>
Dianna Wynn Jones, that kind of cute fantasy. Aren't his movies just elaborate, slightly more modern fairy tales?
>>
>>8932099
>Aren't his movies just elaborate, slightly more modern fairy tales?
No, he's a heavy handed preacher.
>>
>>8932053
Dickens. Or maybe Twain. Or Both.
>>
>>8932103
Yeah, and he's literally always right too, cleaning Otaku scum up everywhere he goes.
>>
Michael Ende
>>
>>8932226
His works do not discuss otaku, unlike Anno
>>
>>8932444
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngZ0K3lWKRc
>>
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
>>
>>8932103
What preaching is done in Princess Mononoke that isn't challenged immediately?
>>
>>8932459
See, his shit talking is something that he does it in person, not through his films.

On one hand, I admire him for it. On the other hand, he is a giant in his field, I don't think he'd be so willing to speak his mind if he was on a lower position on the food chain.

>>8932474
Anti-militarism. Duh. Fairly bloody for a Miyazaki film.
>>
>>8932063
Lol
>>
Master and Margarita felt pretty ghibli-esque
>>
>>8932065
Roald Dahl is probably closest, both have their own special kind of endearment, semi-wacky plots and pretty prolific
>>
Books by Michael Ende, such as The Never Ending Story
>>
>>8932515
>Anti-militarism. Duh
What? If you are referring to that iron city shit, then you are mistaken. The initial scenes cast it in a negative light, but the inclusion of the lepers shows the positive aspects to industry and the military. Princess Monoke and the iron lady chick are foils for one another, and serve as opposite extremes. The main character successfully negotiates the crisis of the story by finding a medium between the two. It is a very moderate film.
>>
>>8932459
I agree with him here. I can imagine him feeling especially insulted when they said they wanted to create a machine to draw as well as humans.
>>
>>8933240
>The main character successfully negotiates the crisis of the story by finding a medium between the two.
A solution found through conquest and militarism, of course.
>>
>>8932084
Thank you!!
>>
I actually watched a documentary-esque thing about Miyazaki/Ghibili today and the guy is incredibly melodramatic.

It's almost like he's an actor. Everything he says is an extremely preachy monologue. I quite liked in a way though.
>>
File: Disapproval Moomin.jpg (26KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
Disapproval Moomin.jpg
26KB, 400x293px
>Not one mention
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.