[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyman Library

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: covers.jpg (64KB, 562x400px) Image search: [Google]
covers.jpg
64KB, 562x400px
When I looked up buying the Everyman Library set, some of the images showed what's on the left, and some showed what's on the right. How will the books come? Is the black the dust jacket? Or a newer edition?
>>
You'll have to look at what the site you're buying them from says. They might be selling the old version, they might be selling the new.
>>
>>8931814
I guess that depends on who's shipping it.
>>
>>8931817
I got the black jacket on a recent purchase
>>
>>8931817
So is the right the old edition? And both pictures are therefore the dust jackets, with the old editions having brown jackets and the new ones black?
>>
>Everyman's Library
When will this gay meme die?
>>
>>8931826
I don't know, sorry.
http://www.everymanslibrary.co.uk/all-author.aspx?letter=T&search=&firstname=Leo&surname=Tolstoy

Here's their site. What they're selling now is the red one, ISBN 978 1 85715 096 4
>>
File: 91e2rj1f0ZL.jpg (621KB, 1188x2560px) Image search: [Google]
91e2rj1f0ZL.jpg
621KB, 1188x2560px
Here's a view from Amazon. The burgundy to me looks like the cloth hardcover of the book itself, not a dust jacket.
>>
Might be UK v. US
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (301KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
301KB, 1600x900px
So the red is definitely the cloth covers, not a dustjacket.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (244KB, 804x1057px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
244KB, 804x1057px
And apparently some come new without the black dust jackets at all.
>>
>>8931823
What did you buy, and from where?
>>
They come with a dust jacket like on the left when you take it off it looks like the right you stupid cuck.
>>
>>8931963
Why does >>8931935 have them sealed without dust jackets then?
>>
Weird.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rotorcito/3507663497/
I think it should come without the dust jackets. Why would you need them if you have the box?
>>
Which translation does Everyman use?
>>
>>8931814
Check the ISBN and the year, put it into Google

NEVER EVER EVER buy from third party amazon sellers if you actually plan on receiving the exact edition you ordered
>>
>>8932127
Everyman's uses the Maudes translation, leaving in-line French translations. Preferable to the casual reader IMO, though purists may prefer the OWC edition which restores the footnotes to the Maudes translation.

There also exists the P&V translation which is closer to the Russian, but less suitable to the casual reader. I've heard good things about the Briggs and Garnett translations too.
>>
>>8932127
Also Everyman's leaves the anglicanized names. To me this is not preferable, but alas we can't have everything.
>>
>Buying an Everyman edition
>Ever
>>
>>8932173
Get off the board, troll
>>
>>8932195
Give one good reason to buy them, cucky.
>>
>>8932200
They have the best collection of Tolstoy's short stories
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.