[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to expand my vocabulary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: to smart.jpg (8KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
to smart.jpg
8KB, 239x211px
What's the best way to expand my vocabulary?
>>
>>8930832
Start with the greeks
>>
File: the watcher.jpg (103KB, 1416x944px) Image search: [Google]
the watcher.jpg
103KB, 1416x944px
>tfw to smart too need big words
>>
>>8930836
FPBP
>>
>>8930836
THIS so much!
>>
>>8930836
Good post, starting with the greeks made me improve
>>
>>8930836
This is so true!
>>
>>8930836
>>8930840
>>8930841
>>8930844
>>8930845
>3 posters
Stop samefagging.
>>
>>8930836
We need more people like you
>>
>>8930836
Ok I will start there
>>8930856
Back to /pol/
>>
>>8930856
>Also the samefagger since the poster count is still 3
I'm dying.
>>
>>8930832
Read books, my fellow African-American.

A lot of them, and not only literature.
>>
>>8930886
I'm >>8930839
>>
I like Vocabulary.com. I used to use Anki but that shit takes too long to add words to and it doesn't have the multiple question types Vocabulary.com does.

Basically when I'm reading I use the site's Dictionary and find a word, then on the right side you click "Start Learning it Now" and it adds it to your pool. Afterward, click Play and it will show you words you've added as well as new words it thinks you might not know. Great to build your vocab off books and lists all integrated. And if you prefer using only reading lists, you can make your own vocab list and just practice that.
>>
Rate my methodology of vocabulary enrichment /lit/

>Write down any word I don't know the meaning of or can't use confidently I might encounter
>Search it up
>Ponder over the definition a bit, then store the word and subsequent definition in a personalized .txt dictionary file

Be sure to purge it of words you've integrated into your speech once in a while or you'll end up like me where after a year of recording my wordbox has 32k words and counting, repeats included.
>>
>>8931128
You need to practice with the words more.
>>
File: (You).jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>>8931134
I'm well aware of that anon
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.