[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spanish /lit/ for babbies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: cervantes.jpg (5KB, 160x226px) Image search: [Google]
cervantes.jpg
5KB, 160x226px
I """completed""" the duolingo spanish tree like a year ago, meaning I took the placement test and basically passed the whole thing so I only had to do like the last five subjects. Nevertheless, I can't understand spanish worth shit and it is my understanding that grinding on online courses and reference books is worthless after a very early point, and I want to read don quijote in it's native language, so I need to build up to that. Can /lit/ rec me some good beginner, and I mean beginner spanish literature?
>>
Read Aesop's Fables in Spanish, or El principito (look it up like that).
>>
Completing the Duolingo tree just means you tried enough times to make it gold. It's like a video game; it takes no skill to reach the end if you're given infinite chances to get there. The tree isn't a "placement test," it's just a "fun" way to learn very, very basic shit.

Reading even "beginner spanish [sic] literature" will only frustrate you when you're looking up every other word. You need to engage in serious study before you can play.

Also,

>it's native language

You can't even English.
>>
Fair warning that Don Quixote is difficult even for native speakers, so I would unironically recommend classical literature translated into Spanish that you've already read.

That said, read some easier works by Marquez like The General in His Labyrinth in Spanish beforehand, I would also recommend The Shadow of the Wind by Zafón, and Pedro Páramo which is pretty pop on /lit/
>>
>>8929732
Cortazar has simple prose and very short short stories.
Suerte, amigo
>>
>>8929831
fuck off lad with your cherry picking. Its late at night and I didn't pay attention in elementary school english. As long as I read understand the damn books it doesn't matter if I put an apostrophe in the wrong place every once and a while.
>>
>>8929792
>>8929842
>>8929863
alright thanks guys, will be making a text file and get these things downloaded tonight.
>>
>>8929870
Nitpicking. Cherry picking is something else, maricón.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.