[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

After having solved your philosophical inquietudes you have done nothing but merely set the things to do something. Go be a painter, a musician or a poet. If you damaged your mind too much in your philosophical quest, be a writer or something else. But just move on from intellectual play.

>Let the Philosopher always be the servant and scholar of inspiration and all will be happy.

>Study Sciences till you are blind. Study intellectuals till you are cold. Yet Science cannot teach intellect. Much less can intellect teach Affection.
>>
Being a poet, that's just producing a million pieces nobody will ever want to consume. Same with music, except there at least you get some pussy wet. Nobody paints, that's for lonely ladies.
Besides, I don't think you ever finish the process of figuring out which philosophical line of thought fits and is most convincing to you.
>>
>>8929374
those activities are not meant to be done with praise or worldly intentions in mind. they are the achievement and realization of the mind, its merging into the oneness of the universe.
>>
>>8929374

You don't understand art faggot read some John berger may he rest in peace

>consuming art
>>
>>8929380

>achievement and realization of the mind
>merging into the oneness of the universe

seems like a terribly naive view of philosophy. How does it square up to the idea that philosophy is about the production of new concepts?

Honestly, if you want to "solve your philosophical inquietudes," it probably is best to look into philosophy on only a surface level. Even "starting with the Greeks," might take you down a nasty rabbit hole.
>>
>>8930186
where is it implied those are the goals of philosophy? those are the goals of life, through the art, after one has cleaned the shit with philosophy.

but ok, you are coming from the interpretation of philosophy from the deleuze tendency. i talk more from the pierre hadot tendency of philosophy as embodied in a way of life.
>>
>>8931266
>What are the goals of philosophy
A big part of philosophy is determining its ends
>The goals of life
ethics

You must be aware that there is a vast variety of thoughts on both of those subjects. You sound like a guy who had a pleasant shroom trip and think you got shit figured out.

It's human nature to be irked by such airy claims as in the OP.
>>
>>8931975
you are considering everything from the pov of philosophy, whereas philosophy is just one possible pov.

i guess it cant be helped. i would probably have said the same when i was enmeshed in philosophy.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.