[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post a more boring book than this protip: you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Post a more boring book than this

protip: you can't
>>
Pleb
>>
>>8920060
Well it's not really your traditional novel, and it's certainly not published intending to be one - if you sit down intending to read large chunks of it, you're doing it wrong. I probably read this over the course of a couple months while reading a bunch of other books, only processing 10 or so of those 'fragments' a day. It's really stuck with me since. Remember this is literally a pile of unorganized scraps.
>>
It started out really well but became so repetitious as to be unreadable.
>>
>>8920072
Does the masturbatory self-indulgence and ramblings of an alienated virgin really do that much to you?

What redeeming features does it have?
>>
>>8920060
Not even bait but large portions of Dostoevsky's novels are painfully boring. Though I liked C&P and think about it often, from about page 300-550 it is so boring I wanted to die. It only picks back up when Svidragailov (or whatever that wierdo mans name was) finds out what Raskolnikov did.
>>
>>8920080
>literally a stream of meaningless buzzwords that have nothing to do with the quality of the book itself
>'oh i said masturbatory, i better also say self-indulgence to highlight my brilliant analysis'
>>
>>8920094
So there are no redeeming features? You just like it for its meme quality. Got it.
>>
>>8920097
how bout you read more than 10 pages and then come to a conclusion, buddy
>>
>>8920060
This is at least short, it was pretty funny in how self-indulgent, angsty and artless it is.
>>8920084
I don't get this feeling at all, I think Dostoevsky is very engaging once you begin to acclimate to his sense of humor, most of his books are very funny outside of the dramatic scenes (and sometimes even during)
>>
>>8920101
I've read 71.

>I can't connect to anyone
>mundane, monotonous people surround me
>I like Portuguese writers, they give a bit of respite
>my soul is tortured
>>
>>8920060
not boring, though tedious ironically

there are some great entries in this book, but it gets to about halfway through and you start to see his formula stagnate and the same descriptors reused for his imagery.
>>
>>8920102
>self-indulgent

dude, it's a fictional character...
>>
>>8920060
>>8920128
The point of the book is to see into the mind of an amazing writer, and it is ultimately banal, because its just another human mind. Its first disturbing and engaging, then repetitive, then mediocre.
>>
>>8920139
it needs to be re-edited and cut down to it's best entries imho.
>>
>>8920060

Waiting for Godot and Mercier and Camier are in the same league of boring, tbqh.

I reflected a bit on boredom and tedium in art a few weeks ago, when I finally went and saw The Turin Horse by Bela Tarr. It is by far the most excruciatingly boring movie I have ever seen. This doesn't detract from its message at all, nor the profound impact it had on me. On the contrary, it strengthened both.

Also, this >>8920076. You should read it slowly and over the course of a long time.
>>
>>8920102
I got the humour in Notes, The Double and The Crocodile, but I felt no humour in C&P, not sure why.
>>
>>8920139
That's not the point of the book. There is no overarching point. It's a collection of fragments that were pieced together after Pessoa's death.
>>
Nausea
>>
>>8920104
it's poetic, that's why i liked that book.

it's beautiful prose.

read it for its beauty without tagging it as "hurr gay lul fag no penis in bagina"

open up your mind anon
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.