[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you still go to libraries /lit/? Post your local library!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (193KB, 720x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 720x601px
Do you still go to libraries /lit/? Post your local library!
>>
>>8920015
Even though I'm alumni, I still go to the University library to read. Local city libraries just don't do it for me.
>>
File: 1425873506965.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1425873506965.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>8920015
If you can't show off what you've read, it's not worth reading.

So no, I don't read in libraries or borrow books.
>>
I'm currently transitioning from buying to lending because honestly there is no point in having a wall of books I will never read again.
>>
>>8920252
>there is no point in having a wall of books I will never read again.
They are apart of you, you will realize this later in life and wish you hadn't got rid of your books.
>>
>>8920274
Yes but moving is a pain in the arse when half of your stuff is boxes and boxes of books.
El conocimiento no ocupa lugar my arse
>>
Yea. I gotta head out to work or I would post , but mines not all that interesting. Rather small library actually. I would be collecting my own books if I had my own apartment or house, but as it is Im only renting a room.
>>
>>8920015
My city has twenty public libraries for less than two million people. I don't know if that's a lot or not. Each of them is small but they're spread throughout the city and that's convenient. I only use it to b borrow obscure books which I can't find in the internet, very occasionally. Still, is very nice to have them, on Saturdays and Sundays too, and for free.
>>
>>8920015
Occasionally, however public ones are ruined by the homeless and by single parents who dump their children there to play computer games
>>
I'm pretty much 99% ereader files now aside from textbooks.
>>
>>8920241
>I'm alumni
the quality of modern education succinctly expressed...
>>
Mine has a whole wall of celebrity autobiographies and one shelf of classics and /lit/core.

But you can order books from other libraries of course.
>>
Might as well go to a homeless shelter... but I check out a lot of books from mine just don't hang around there
>>
File: library_curitiba.png (2MB, 2028x452px) Image search: [Google]
library_curitiba.png
2MB, 2028x452px
>>8920015
still go sometimes but used to go way more often when I was going to college downton, its a 40min bus ride so... used to go there to study or read, sometimes even my own books, just enjoyed a lot being there

>curitiba's public library
>>
File: 1483399060796.jpg (11KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1483399060796.jpg
11KB, 224x225px
>>8920248
>If you can't show off what you've read, it's not worth reading.
>>
>>8920503
Good to see our buddy Jimmy went and got the book, got the book.

Also, I wish I lived in Curitiba. It's a great place to be.
Abraço, anão!
>>
>>8920380
Yep. There are always a few retarded kids at my local library, which would be fine but they just play Flash games all day and make lots of noise.

It is not a place I go to read.
>>
>>8920519
abraço, compadre!
>>
Wow, your library has an upstairs??
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.