[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holy fuck this is one of the worst things I've ever read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 5.jpg (49KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
49KB, 260x400px
holy fuck this is one of the worst things I've ever read
>>
But it's just three words anon.
>>
>>8913536
Jaysis fuck put that away people will cut themselves on the edge
>>
>>8913536
it was really boring. I liked the bazaar and the dead. the rest were just okay. nicely written but meh otherwise.
>>
the prose was beautiful, only on /lit/ would people be complaining about such a work
>>
>>8913536
Joyce wrote "A Little Cloud" about someone like you.
>>
Anyone have something to say about "Two Sisters"? It seemed kinda banal to me.
>>
>>8914228
Sisters was more or less about a kid coming to learn that someone whom he had looked up to be a respectable and intelligent adult turned out to be mentally unhinged and frowned upon by many in the religious community.

We also see that he was failing in means of religion by, if not purposefully, dropping a chalice during mass, and laughing alone in a confessional, which can be seen as him failing at his core as a person. The kid is just now realizing the imperfections that he would never have perceived at first glance when this man was alive.

The story is more or less an introduction to the coming of age theme present in the collection. Just as the one about the guy allegedly jacking off in a park was solely an introduction to Dublin as a cultural whole, the Sisters only works at its fullest effect in tandem with the rest of the collection.

I think that's why a lot of people don't exactly fall in love with Dubliners at full glance, they perceive the individual stories in isolation with the rest of the collection, when in reality some of these stories exist in order to the benefit of others.
>>
>>8913785
My dad made me play ice hockey at a young age and I was too reluctant to quit until I graduated high school. I wish I just picked up an instrument
>>
>>8913569
>nicely written

And that's all you can ask for. Most stuff is horribly written
>>
>>8913536
Probably one of my favourite books. Great fly-on-the wall insight into an array of characters
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.