[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haruki Murakami

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (7KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 183x275px
I recently just read Norwegian Wood and am currently reading 1Q84 and was wondering if anyone would have recommendations of books that are similar to these
>>
1Q84? More like IQ 84 amirite?
>>
Is 1Q84 good?

My Murakami take is I loved the first two books of his I read (Norwegian Wood, Wind-Up Bird Chronicle), and then everything I read after that didn't have the magic but I kept reading anyway.
>>
1Q84 is by far the worst Murakami work I read, and I've read almost everything he's written (including short story collections) except for what I think about when running or wtv it's called. As the poster above me pointed out, Mirakami has a real magic about some of his works, and I was captivated by it at first too (my first book was Norwegian wood) but over time you come to realize that he's a writer that puts no effort into editing his writing, and rehashes the same elements and characters for almost everything he writes.
If you wanna read some actually well written works with the intriguing power of magical realism, read 100 Years of Solitude
>>
I thought 1Q84 was a really entertaining read as I went through it but after finishing it I was disappointed there were so many loose ends that never get accounted for in any way. Also what's the deal with the cat village.
>>
>>8913167
Sputnik Sweetheart was good
>>
>>8913167

Just read everything else by him. Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki, Dance dance dance, Kafka on the shore and south of border west of sun etc. They all are damn good
>>8913295
Its ok, but I wouldnt reccommend it if you're new to Murakami..not just yet. Its also imo way too long. Third character in 3rd book was useless.
>>
>>8913167
are his books at least comfy?
>>
File: murakami.jpg (174KB, 1606x1102px) Image search: [Google]
murakami.jpg
174KB, 1606x1102px
>>
>>8913450
Just check out colorless tsukuru tazaki or dance dance dance or south of border west of sun. I found them most comfy.
>>
>>8913167
Tao Lin, is almost as retard as Haruki Murameme
>>
>>8913167
100 Years of Solitude
The Box Man
Borges' stuff is more or less similar
Some Allende books are similar in a bery shallow way (muh magical realism) but she's honestly kind of shit.

If you like the concept of an alienated Japanese protagonist you should read No Longer Human; if you like the aforementioned aspect of his shit, along with romance, read The Sound of Waves, which is just as comfy as Murakami's stuff.
>>8913295
It's okay, pretty cozy read. It has great ideas but the third book is kinda disappointing, and it gets a bit redundant. I liked it personally.
>>8913342
That's his worst book, though
>>
File: image.jpg (917KB, 4600x2416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
917KB, 4600x2416px
Here's a thing reddit made
>>
>>8913467
Why no hard boiled wonderland?
>>
>>8915992
Why are there four books marked as being in a trilogy?
>>
>>8916052
There is no Rat in the Dance. But it's the sequel of Sheep Chase.
>>
>>8913167
I know it's supposed to be a 1984 reference but is that bitch's IQ really 84?
>>
>>8913319
Yup, once you've read one Murakami, you've read them all.

Still comfy reads though.
>>
>>8916110
That's the IQ of people who enjoy Murakami.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.