[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: hhgttg.jpg (54KB, 948x1414px) Image search: [Google]
hhgttg.jpg
54KB, 948x1414px
I thought the book was amazing apart from the near copout of an ending. Really left me disappointed after weeks worth of a read.

Thoughts?
>>
When you say 'the book' do you mean books 1-5 or actually just the first? I forget how book one ends, actually. Book 5's ending was hardly a copout though. That was kind of the opposite I felt, taking full responsibility, leaving no wiggle room for the series. A tad dark though.
>>
>>8911076
Honestly, I didn't even know there was a fifth book until like, 3 minutes ago. I thought there was only 4.
>>
Thoughts on Eoin Colfer 's addition?
>>
>>8911071
It is for children and quirky redditors. I regret not having read it in my childhood yet I have no desire to read it now
>>
>>8911071
This was originally a radio play, and is best experienced as a radio play.

Imagine trying to read Monty Python's Flying Circus.
>>
>>8911114
Fanfiction written by someone who has never written fanfiction before.
>>
>>8911071
Honestly?

Reddit.
>>
I don't know how to feel about these books. I enjoy the humor but for some reason I find it really hard to read them for more than a few pages at a time.
>>
>>8911071

I am happy to have read the whole thing two or three times, so as to have the relevant piece of culture. I also seem to remember finding parts of it genuinely funny, so much so that I'll go a step further: I think that this will be a meme-book that will actually continue to be read by a very small audience in another one or two hundred years. I think that the text deals with enough basics of the human condition, and that it is now popular enough, that it will continue to be a curiosity for at least the next several decades.

Still, I appreciate the detractors now more than I did when I was younger.

OP: seek out the short story "young zaphod plays it safe", which is a companion to the larger corpus. Nothing huge I don't think, just another minor part of the mythos.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.