[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Can you guys post here literary works or essays directly referencing love? works dealing with the fundamental nature of it, or trying to shine some light into it.
Everything is welcome, except /r9k/ bs
>>
>>8911022

Love in the Time of Cholera, by Marquez
>>
Works of Love, and Fear and Trembling by Kierkegaard.

"Worldly wisdom is of the opinion that love is a relationship between persons; Christianity teaches that love is a relationship between: a person—God—a person, that is, that God is the middle term. However beautiful a relationship of love has been between two people or among many, however complete all their desire and all their bliss have been for themselves in mutual sacrifice and devotion, even though everyone has praised this relationship—if God and the relationship with God have been omitted, then this, in the Christian sense, has not been love but a mutually enchanting defraudation of love. To love God is to love oneself truly, to help another person to love God is to love another person, to be helped by another person to love God is to be loved."
>>
The Kreutzer Sonata.
>>
>>8911104

One of my favorites, i read it when i was 15 and really liked a girl. Amazing book.
>>
>>8911022

Stendhal - De L'Amour
>>
>>8911144
I wouldn't say it's about love. Great book nonetheless.
>>
>>8911194

Well then I hope I have the pleasure of introducing you to a bit of Pynchon ephemera about the subject at hand. Did you know he wrote a full-on review for the Times about the book he loved it so?

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/04/10/books/the-heart-s-eternal-vow.html?pagewanted=all
>>
>>8911195
Came here to say this. Stendhal is the most brilliant idiot who ever lived.
>>
A Lover's Discourse: Fragments - Roland Barthes
>>
File: lolita1_nm.jpg (495KB, 518x800px) Image search: [Google]
lolita1_nm.jpg
495KB, 518x800px
Lolita
>>
>>8911195
Anybody got English pdf of this book?
>>
Symposium- Plato
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.