[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: howtoreadabook[1].jpg (287KB, 1352x2097px) Image search: [Google]
howtoreadabook[1].jpg
287KB, 1352x2097px
Thoughts?
>>
>>8909725
Outdated: https://www.supermemo.com/help/read.htm
>>
>>8909725
How can I read a book if I don't know HOW TO READ A BOOK
>>
>>8909744
Is this what the pros use?
>>
>>8909744
Looks like some silly bullshit, thanks.
>>
>>8909744
autism
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 258x400px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 258x400px
>>8909725
Garbage, read this instead
>>
File: 1482875127892s.jpg (7KB, 166x249px) Image search: [Google]
1482875127892s.jpg
7KB, 166x249px
>>8910828
Trash
read this
>>
>>8912457
>Read Like a Writer

Why would I want to read books like I'm a huge fag?
>>
I asked a similar question yesterday >>8909448
>>
>>8909725

It's geared towards Philosophy more than anything.

However it has excellent points about intellectual etiquette. Basically it means shut the fuck up with your opinions and judgements until you have fully studied and you are absolutely perfectly sure you know what the author is trying to say and can sum up everything within the text in a concise manner.

It's basically a book to get kid's heads on straight and wack away the ego. Something that should be taught more often in college.
>>
File: medium.jpg (41KB, 250x377px) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
41KB, 250x377px
This is the only correct answer
>>
>>8909725
Almost exclusively geared towards non fiction rather than fiction, and the information it contains could be easily condensed down to a few pages of handy tips. I can only presume people on here continue to recommend it because they have never read it.
>>
>>8913029
>How to fellate Shakespeare and why: by smelly jew man
>>
>>8913270
You mean to say it was written for adults?
>>
File: 1481158314639.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481158314639.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
>>8913279
>>
>>8913270
I have read it, and it's good. Like you said, it's not something to really buckle down and study, one quick read is enough to get the main points.
>>
>>8912492
critical theory today 3rd edition
>>
But where can I find How to Read "How to Read a Book"?
>>
>>8909725
I've seen this posted for years but have never cared enough to read it.
>>
>>8913270
It's mostly just a meme because of the title. I guarantee you there isn't much else to why it's posted here.
>>
File: pep.png (26KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
pep.png
26KB, 500x346px
>>8916094
That's true for literally every book that is posted here though
>>
>>8916129
Only if you're a total pseud /r9k/ frogfag who "ironically" shitposts here. Some of the things posted here are actually worth reading.
>>
>>8916141
name 25 (with the reason(s) they are worth reading)
>>
>>8909725
What should I read first in order to fully understand this?
>>
>>8910163
Well, that's why it's a pdf, dumbass.
>>
I really want to read more and get to enjoy reading.
I want to get the habit to read more and faster.
I feel like im condemned to be an idiot everytime I try to read more and fail, people tell me to force myself, and others tell me its a process in which I have to get used to it.
I do consume a lot of music, but I wish I could enjoy reading, Im fluent in three languages but I lost the pleasure in grabbing a book.
>>
>>8910163
This is actually related to one of the rules in the book, viz. the fifth rule, stating that you must "come to terms" with the author to understand him. Basically the point is that a "word" is an ambiguous (in the sense that it has multiple meanings), grammatical unit, and that a "term" is an unambiguous logical unit expressed by that word in a certain context. In this case you're interpreting the word "read" as meaning "elementary reading", while the book is using it as "inspectional, analytical, and syntopical reading", successive and cumulative stages that come after "elementary reading", and therefore can be learned by reading at the lower stage.

Cuck.
>>
Dont read it.
Its basically a topshop tier bait.
Ever wondered why this?
I will tell you how, in a minute.
A friend of mine, a successful businessman nonetheless, owned a ...
>>
>>8919986
What? It's nothing like that...
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.