[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a book, where the (majority of) main characters are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1174189-gf.jpg (44KB, 384x549px) Image search: [Google]
1174189-gf.jpg
44KB, 384x549px
Looking for a book, where the (majority of) main characters are mentally unstable. Not talking about those bitches who feel special because they're "bipolar/introverted/slightly autistic/" etc. I'm talking about audiovisual hallucinations, split personality and so on.
>>
infinite jest
>>
my diary desu
>>
>>8909354
So Girl Interrupted isn't dark and edgy enough for you. You want more penis.
>>
>>8909354

>audiovisual hallucinations

literally my diary desu
>>
Pic related for sure. It has both hallucinations and split personality.

I think most of what he wrote will suit you. I suggest reading several novels before getting to VALIS (not that you won't understand it, it's just a lot more fun when you're familiar with his work), which has tons of insanity and is based on Dick's paranormal/schizophrenic experience.
>>
>>8909421
Thanks, senpai. Finally an answer that isn't my diary desu.
>>
>>8909354

Dostoevsky, particularly The Devils
>>
>>8909444
Be grateful OP, at least you didn't get spammed with Fight Club.
>>
File: 0075-007.jpg (209KB, 1117x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0075-007.jpg
209KB, 1117x1600px
So when did the girl in Freesia become part of the MC's imagination, since the very beginning or sometime in the middle?
>>
>>8910176
Not majority of main characters, but the protagonist of As Meat Loves Salt by Maria McCann is a paranoid schizophrenic in iirc 16th century England who experiences auditory hallucinations that fuel his aggression toward and alienation from family, friends, and society. I picked it up on a whim back in high school, but it's still one of my favorite historical novels.
>>
>>8910332
Ignore that link, I don't know what my phone is fucking doing.
>>
Moby Dick, every character is completely fucked up.
>>
>>8910279
Pretty sure when that dude breaks in with the baseball bat that he kills her, so I'd say since he found her hiding in the closet she only exists in his imagination.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.