[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can gassposting save /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: gass5.jpg (261KB, 950x758px) Image search: [Google]
gass5.jpg
261KB, 950x758px
Can gassposting save /lit/?
>>
>>8902650
I'm so stoked I found a copy of Omensetter at a used book shop for 2 bones.
its mint condition even though has stickers from two used book stores. plebs couldn't make it out of the first chapter.
Damn good day.
>>
>>8902668
I tried 4 book stores and couldn't find a copy. Only one store had any Gass and it was "Middle C"
>>
File: 20161225_151320.jpg (4MB, 2120x2682px) Image search: [Google]
20161225_151320.jpg
4MB, 2120x2682px
>>8902650
No. But reading Gass could help /lit. Open people's eyes. Make them see past the classics. Gass will be remembered and read in the future. His writing is beautiful. lol look what I got.
>>
Has anyone read Gass' stuff that's appeared in any of the "The Best American Short Stories" or "The Best American Essays" anthologies? He's had some stuff published in the former between the late 50s and early 80s and in the latter between the mid 80s and early 00s.

I found the John Updike-selected "The Best American Short Stories of the Century" collection from 2000 at a thrift store in rural NC a few months ago, but Gass wasn't in that one.
>>
I find it interesting how despite all the forced Gassposting, Gaddis is universally more popular on /lit/
>>
>>8902726
>Gass will be remembered and read in the future
But doesn't that mean he's a classic?
>>
>>8902834
sure
>>
>>8902830
I like both Gaddis and Gass. To me they are both good at different things. Gass prose obviously, he's also funny. Gaddis is hilarious though, one of the funniest I've read. I also love Gaddis observations of daily life. Read the party scene from the recognitions and I guarantee we have all been to that same party in a way.
>>
I just ordered Omensetter's Luck, looking forward to diving into it and future gassposting.
>>
>>8902650
/lit/ is dead
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 1200x630px
László posting is the only thing that can save /lit/
>>
File: what did he mean by this.png (17KB, 787x135px) Image search: [Google]
what did he mean by this.png
17KB, 787x135px
>>8902668
>good day
>good
Hmm...

>>8902650
Only Socratesposting can save us
>>
>>8902650
Just stop. You will never be board culture.
>>
>tfw meemaw bought me Omensetter's Luck, In the Heart of the Heart of the Country and Middle C
good christmas desu
>>
>>8902726
Beautiful, thanks for sharing anon
>>
>>8902668
>Look at me
>I'm so smart
>Smarter than all da other guys

Have a good life, anon
>>
Does Gass get big into the intertextuality and literary allusions? I don't like a lot of that yet because I haven't read enough to appreciate it when Joyce fucks my shit up
>>
>>8902726
das nice
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.