[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need your help /lit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1474779857428.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474779857428.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
I need some recommendations for a book as a gift. Its for a girl, she's a young adult with pretty normie tier reading interests. Has read mostly classics and YA fiction, she enjoys fantasy particularly, probably something with romance.
My first thought was His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman because its an excellent read but not overly complex or crazy and I don't believe she's read it. I've read it myself and enjoyed it. The only issue is she's a Christian and I hear many Christians are offended by the series because God is killed in it edgy, I know and it seems to have anti religion sentiment... Still, she reads some mainstream stuff and doesn't seem super conservative.
I also thought of Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis, also good and more mature.
What do you guys think? Any good ideas? I'd really appreciate it. And no, I'm not trying to woo her, its for another reason entirely. No meme answers please.
Thanks in advance.
>>
Make sure she grows up to be a proper /lit/erate.
>>
>>8899594
Made me laugh and it looks like a book I'd like to buy, but I wonder if she might be offended. She's not a kid. But the stories do seem good...
Not bad anon. Maybe. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>8899591
Just look at the goodreads "best books ever" list, and choose the first classic on it, that you like.
For example wuthering heights.
>>
>>8899895
>The Hunger Games is number one
I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm not sure that's the best place to look. I'll check it out a little further anyways, but I was really hoping to hear what you guys thought.
>>
>>8899934
That's why I said classics.
The rating is a mix of amount of ratings and the actual rating, so what you get is the most normie/pleb-friendly book.
Of these, you take the one that you think she will like best and voila.
>>
>>8899948
>so what you get is the most normie/pleb-friendly book.
Ohhhh... I get it. Not a bad idea. Thanks anon.
>>
>>8899985
You just finding this out?
>>
>>8899999
>>8900000
what a time to be alive
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.