[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some books that are easy to read in French?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1403329667602.jpg (98KB, 920x654px) Image search: [Google]
1403329667602.jpg
98KB, 920x654px
What are some books that are easy to read in French?
>>
Books that are written in or translated to French.
I find it very difficult to read books in French when they're written in or translated to any other language.
>>
Easy to read as in, the French used in them is easy?
>>
My lè diary desu
>>
>>8898833
L'etranger is one of the best babby's first French books if you're looking for a novel. It's a good mix of p easy for the anglophone to somewhat difficult but you're never in too deep with google translate or a decent knowledge of the language.

Bumping for curiosity too
>>
Any of Camus's novels, La Peste wasn't too bad for me. See if you can get a copy of Extension du domaine de la lutte (Whatever in English) by Michel Houellebecq, after having read his stuff in English I didn't find it too difficult to take it on in French.
>>
>>8898865
Easy to read in the French language.
>>
>>8898833
The Stranger shouldn't be too bad. Although this >>8898931 is a solid suggestion, I would avoid Houellebecq until you've expanded your vocabulary a bit.
>>
>>8898833
Le Petit Nicolas by Goscinny
>>
>>8898833
bump
>>
File: rOEGjkm.jpg (90KB, 1223x1240px) Image search: [Google]
rOEGjkm.jpg
90KB, 1223x1240px
>listen to everyone's recommendation of L'étranger for an entry-level French book
>it's a breeze
>overly confident now
>try reading Balzac's Eugenie Grandet, another book cited as entry level
>can't make it through a single page without consulting the dictionary several times

What the fuck?
>>
>>8900559
Balzac has much more descriptions in his books, obviously he will use more words. Don't feel sorry if you have to search for a noun. What you should know is most of the verbs, the expressions, the flow and structure of the language.
Also, read on an e-reader which lets you highlight words and shows the definition. Google translate does this too if you set it.
>>
>>8898833
The first one I read was la chute.
Definitely start with Camus tbqh.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.