[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books on A.I. and Automation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ai_0.jpg (154KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ai_0.jpg
154KB, 1500x1000px
I work at a firm that is going to go through some hard times once automation (specifically self-driving vehicles) take off, but the idea is too far fetched for other members of management to appreciate.

What are some good books on A.I. and Automation that I can both read and recommend to others so that we're all on an informed place when planning the next five years?

I don't visit /lit/ frequently so I'm not sure how well liked pop science books are received. The people I work with are not science inclined so that's probably the best bet.
>>
The Singularity is Near. Talks about the GNR (Genetics, Nanobots, Robotics) revolution that will happen in the next 20 years.
>>
>>8896290
Thanks!

How is Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies? I received it as a gift but haven't started it yet, but thumbing through it seems like it's more technical (not a problem for me, but for the others)
>>
See if any of the following is what you are looking for:

Superintelligence
The Most Human Human
Our Final Invention
The Second Machine Age
The Master Algorithm
The Zero Marginal Cost Society
>>
These popped up on Amazon when I searched "Self Driving Cars," some of them look a little on the questionable side:

Driverless: Intelligent Cars and the Road Ahead
Future Ride: 80 Ways the Self-Driving, Autonomous Car Will Change Everything from Buying Groceries to Teen Romance to Surving a Hurricane to Turning ... Home to Simply Getting From Here to There
The Great Race: The Global Quest for the Car of the Future
Clean Disruption of Energy and Transportation: How Silicon Valley Will Make Oil, Nuclear, Natural Gas, Coal, Electric Utilities and Conventional Cars Obsolete by 2030
>>
>>8896258
Gödel, Escher, Bach pls
>>
>>8896258

Bumped out of interest.
>>
Nick Land's Fanged Noumena, particularly the essay Meltdown.
>>
I'm looking for something that goes into how automation will affect the entire web of the economy, if that exists?

Like, anyone who follows autonomous cars expects that drivers (truck drivers, cab drivers, delivery drivers, etc) to largely be replaced as the adoption rate of AI cars approaches 100%.

What about other industries that rely on people in cars? Electric cars (which I imagine most AI cars to be) are much simpler under the hood apparently, what about parts manufacturers and mechanics?

AI will cause a tiny fraction of the accidents that human drivers do, what about the legal profession which has a huge chunk of it's trade either trying or defending motor vehicle accident injuries? If cars are no longer crashing, what about the consumer insurance companies that have revenues mostly composed of personal auto policies?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.