[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to read.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: n6JUDT7y.jpg (53KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
n6JUDT7y.jpg
53KB, 330x330px
Saw a thread yesterday about How to read book.

Any advice on how to concentrate better while reading ?
>>
stab yourself in the cock when you drift off to create pavlovian association
>>
I usually open the book, take my pants off and sit on the pages with my bare ass.
All sorts of interesting things happen and it starts to feel like my mind opens.
>>
Read when you want to and you won't have that problem. If you are not focusing on it, it's uninteresting to you at that moment, go do something else. If you have to because of some course you are taking or something like that, try to remember why you want to go through that course and use that as fuel for your concentration.
>>
Reading is just a skill. You need to force yourself at first, so it gets easier. It's like jogging, you can only do a mile at first, but jog for a year and a mile becomes a warm-up. So I really disagree with anon's
>>8895912
sentiment about "reading when you want". Nobody gets better by staying within his or her comfort zone.
>>
When it comes to concentration you just have to know when to put a book down and when to power through.

When it comes to appreciating literature, which, if you know how to, can improve your concentration, I highly recommend pic related.

Don't turn reading into a chore.
>>
I sometimes want to read but I get too distracted by the environment or by something that happened to me recently. The best way to concentrate is to put headphones on and listen to rain or some sort of white noise. If i can't concentrate at all, I just read out loud and after two or three pages it is no longer necessary because i forced myself into the book, so it becomes seamless.
>>
>>8896027
Anon recommended a while ago, I've been enjoying the fuck of it
http://asoftmurmur.com/
>>
>>8895895
Underrated post
>>
>>8895938
Reading is not just a skill at all, you don't need to force yourself, warm up or get better at it. You may, but you don't need to.

While you're reading, you are "getting worse" in dancing, mountain climbing and oil painting. So why don't you go out of your comfort zone and try those out?

First things first, one must abolish this notion that there is a need to do it, that there is something to accomplish in the end of it. Not that you won't accomplish anything, but to acknowledge that to have this in mind defeats the purpose of reading.

You jog because you like it, or you jog because you set yourself that you must lose weight. If it is the former, then the end is more important than the means. You could trade jogging for cycling if you prefer it. But if you are jogging because you like it, then there will be no question on how to endure it, you'll naturally get better, and it won't be a drag to go out and jog.

In the same way, we must question why one is reading in the first place? Is it not to enjoy something out of it? Even if it is the enjoyment of learning from it? What I don't think reading is about is to get to the end of the book, to obey it as a task, to conform with some imaginary notion that reading is better than not reading. When we take this stance, we block us from really seeing what can be good about literature, that which makes us turn to books by our own will.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.