[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fell for it. What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (20KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 247x247px
I fell for it.

What am I in for?
>>
>>8895819
A bad joke. On you.
>>
i started reading it in 2002 and im still reading the books in the footnotes of the books in the footnotes of the books in the footnotes
>>
File: you provide me great humor.jpg (35KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
you provide me great humor.jpg
35KB, 480x480px
>>8895819
You got memed.
>>
>>8895819
The best book of the last 30 years. Don't listen to the memers
>>
File: 1393430940147.jpg (23KB, 449x334px) Image search: [Google]
1393430940147.jpg
23KB, 449x334px
>>8895819
I'm about 250 pages in and the plot is only just materializing but it's very good so far. People have meme'd forever about the endnotes, but what no one warns you about is all the acronyms and abbreviations, of which there are dozens and many of which you have to figure out yourself.
>>
>>8896003
im about two hundred pages ahead of you. i felt the same way.
>>
>>8895819
It bogs down at times, but it's better than anything Joyce did. Just skip a page or two when you are bored, and it's ezpz.
>>
>>8895835
Funny. There's a movie in the book called "The Joke" that's hostile to its audience.

It's a great parable for the book itself.
>>
As someone who is not American, will I get much out of this?
>>
>>8896803
>Skip

You monster.
>>
>>8895819

Mildred Bonk, weird Asian-American characters, and Quebecois.
>>
Dropped it at ~300 pages. I'll get back to it some time. It's been like 2 years.
>>
>>8898082
yeah. its been a while since i read it but the only thing that seemed distinctly "american" to me was the subsidized calendar and johnny gentle. but now we have trump so that should make the point pretty clear
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.