[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a big change in my mindset lately. I believe that each

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: nmvupk0Md1sj0hte_1280.png (404KB, 904x596px) Image search: [Google]
nmvupk0Md1sj0hte_1280.png
404KB, 904x596px
I had a big change in my mindset lately.

I believe that each person is interchangeable. In other words, if you grew up in the body and circumstances of a person who ended up being a serial killer, you wouldn't do anything different to what they did.

I also believe that most evil acts come from simple ignorance of the right path, and that the only true evil is ignoring what is right in favor of being self-serving.

Can you guys help me find some books that expand on ideas like these? As you can tell, I'm not well-read and can barely articulate myself.
>>
>>8895288
wow really makes you think
>>
>I believe that each person is interchangeable. In other words, if you grew up in the body and circumstances of a person who ended up being a serial killer, you wouldn't do anything different to what they did.

So, you believe that people are blank slates who are formed and guided through their lives deterministically by their surroundings?
I don't know about books that deal with this (Zola and naturalism in literature are similar, but they believe that a person is guided deterministically by their genes instead of the surrounding).
This whole idea is, afaik, disregarded by psychology. I was taught, at least, that a person is formed both by its genes and the upbringing.
>>
>>8895288
B.F. Skinner is all about this.
>>
>>8895288
>I believe in materialist monism

WOW! You should post about it on an internet image board, who knows, you might find out that 98% of the non-religious western world agrees with you?
>>
>>8895346
>>8895372

>in the body...

He acknowledges genetic endowment, he's just stating an insanely trivial thing
>>
DUDE NURTURE LMAO
>>
i wouldnt kill anyone ever no matter what
>>
sounds a little bit like buddhism and daoism.
>>
>>8895288
literally everyone who doesn't believe in the soul/higher plane of consciousness believes what you're saying
>>
>>8895288
The thing that bothers me about this sirt if thinking is that it is so black and white. It's either tabula rasa or eternal soul. Can't it be a bit of both?

I personally always prefer the answer: "both"
>>
>>8895288
>ignoring what is right
Please explain "right".
>>
>>8895288
No, I can just quickly state that if you were born in the place of a downie or a squirrel you wouldn't behave like them.
>>
>>8895288
> I have a worldview based on no facts
>Any books out there agree with me?

kys pls
>>
>>8896320
Literally a stupid answer.
>>
>>8896325
>Literally no arguments
Unless you can provide solid proof to me that switching you with a downie at birth would result in you having the exact same behavior as the downie you can fuck off with your autism.
>>
>>8896334
>if you were born with down syndrome, you wouldn't behave like this other guy born with down syndrome
This is how you sound.
>>
>>8896320
He's saying if you were born in the BODY of that person, and then raised in a literally perfect duplication of their upbringing, you'd be the same as them.

Unless you're of the belief that theres some kind of human soul or higher plane of consciousness, and that this can account for inherent differences between people that aren't directly observable as being a result of their upbringing or physical characteristics, then you have to agree that you'd be identical to the downie as you'd have the mind of that downie, as well as that same downie body.

You're a clone in both body and mind, as well as environment. Its not even Nature vs Nurture, its "what if both N/N were the same in two scenarios, would they result in the same person?". I'd say yes, but given its not actually possible to do any of this its more of just a "fun" thought experiment than anything worth seriously debating over. Any serious debate would result from arguing (as ive said) as to whether or not a soul/higher plane shit exists and has an impact on who we are as a person.
>>
>>8896340
>I can't elaborate a thought that isn't fucking semantics.
This is how you sound.

Consider this:
Children A and B are genetically different. Children A and B grow in different environments and develop, respectively, personalities A and B. If, child B grew up in child A's habitat, MAINTAINING ITS DNA, it would develop an A personality. Likewise, if child A had grown up in B's environment, it would develop a B personality, since DNA does not affect personality development.
This is what your thesis should be.

What your thesis IS, apparently though, is this:
Children A and B have THE SAME DNA. The rest follows identically.

I have two points: first, if two people have the SAME FUCKING DNA AND GROW UP IN THE SAME ENVIRONMENT OF COURSE THEY'D DEVELOP THE SAME PERSONALITY ARE YOU RETARDED INBRED HICK THAT'S LITERALLY THE SAME AS BEING THE OTHER PERSON.
And two, your nature, that is to say, your DNA, does affect what personality you'll ultimately have.
>>
>>8896380
>same person
>different spirit

Jesus Christ, my dense friend: this is literally the point of this thread.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.