[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barnes & Noble Collectible Editions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0685.jpg (273KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0685.jpg
273KB, 722x1280px
Hello /lit, Happy Holidays. Just got a few collectors editions of classic literature from Barnes & Noble for Christmas. Any thoughts on the books and where I should start?
Titles include:
>The Divine Comedy
>The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe
>The Complete Sherlock Holmes
>The Complete Cthulu Mythos Tales

I also plan on picking up The Art of War soon. Any thoughts or where to start?
>>
>>8895085
The definition of tacky
>>
lit would say start with Divine Comedy.

I personally would start with Sherlock Holmes or Cthulhu.
>>
>>8895094
I would have to agree, looks like something a millenial would collect but not actually read
>>
>>8895094
the face of jealousy
>>
>>8895085
I know its a meme but honestly start with the greeks and then Virgil. Illiad->Odyssey->Aeneid then you can read the comedy
>>
>>8895117
Or he can start reading the other 3 and work back to the Greeks.

If you don't already love reading, starting with the Iliad is probably a bad idea. You want to foster an enjoyment of the medium before reckoning with the depths it has to offer.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>8895094
some of the covers are alright looking
>>
>>8895122
Yes, I agree. I think the illiad is actually quite fun, but you are right anon. OP read the others and then go illiad-j>Odyssey->Aeneid->Comedy. Also I would alternate between the other 3, I think reading them front to back would be exhausting, specially Sherlock Holmes.
>>
>>8895117
I l i a d *
>>
Only the Divine Comedy is worth reading so start there and burn the others.
>>
>>8895094
This, there also super bulky so you can't really bring them with you. In the positive though, they're super cheep for how much stuff they have
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.