[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most absolute work of art in the history of literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: finnegans-wake1.jpg (31KB, 312x475px) Image search: [Google]
finnegans-wake1.jpg
31KB, 312x475px
Is this the most absolute work of art in the history of literature?
>>
no.
>>
>look at me i have the most sick word game teeheeheheh
>>
>>8894602
No, that would be Dante. It's pretty fascinating, though.
>>
More like work of farts
>>
I want to kill myself.
>>
>>8894602

>there is a "most" absolute

FW ranks among the "absolute" works of art, imo, but I wouldn't call it (or any other work) the best.
>>
>>8894614

Dante would've wanted you to spend more time reading Dante and less time posting the same thing in multiple threads for several days.
>>
>>8894614
this
>>
>>8896256
Me? I haven't mentioned Dante anywhere for ages.
>>
total utter work of art
>>
File: 1480293679800.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1480293679800.png
208KB, 807x935px
>>8894602
Crystallic untiffilated flubbergust and jog-hutched noshdiggary, and nothing more.
>>
File: 1467223343424.jpg (64KB, 357x346px) Image search: [Google]
1467223343424.jpg
64KB, 357x346px
>>8894902

>More like work of farts
>>
>>8894602
No, the book that's just 'jew' written six million times is
It gets at the heart of art: jews
>>
>>8894602
No, and it couldn't be anymore, regardless
>>
>the most absolute work of art in the history of literature

If you quantify this as being the effect that a piece literature has on society, wouldn't the Bible win out?
>>
>>8894602
>Is this the most absolute work of art in the history of literature?
>absolute
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8897782

Trying to make subjectivity objective.
>>
>>8897775
I think he means that it is the abstract definition of literature: a bunch of letter combinations that may or may not give meaning to the reader
>>
>>8897800
>a bunch of letter combinations that may or may not give meaning to the reader
If this was the case, then wouldn't any of the books in Borges' "The Library of Babel" fit the requirements?
>>
>>8897815
Now you're gettin it!
>>
>>8897984
Yay, I did a lit. Thanks Mom, thanks God.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.