[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goodreads alternative proposal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: David Walter.jpg (1MB, 2400x2447px) Image search: [Google]
David Walter.jpg
1MB, 2400x2447px
I'm a web dev and /lit/fag. Like you guys, I'm tired of goodreads and also tired of the fact that we don't really have any alternative to it. So, I propose we make a /lit/ non-pleb version of goodreads. Why am I fucking posting this and not working on it already? Well, a coupple of reasons
>don't really have money to start on the project
>need to know if people will actually use the site

So, can everyone go to poll attached and give me a rough idea about whether or not most of you will use the site AND that IF you guys are willing and capable of funding a /lit/ project such as this.

I know this is not directly related to book content, but, I am legit tired with Goodreads and I think a lot of you share the feelings about it as I do.

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll934114x68734837-38 -> Poll

>inb4 gtfo attention and money grab fag
>>
I'll make the logo.h
>>
>>8893407
I think a need is felt for this.

RYM for books essentially what you want as I see it. You would basically need to open it to beta though in order to build up the database and reviews.

You might want to talk to the RYM people and see if they have an interest in helping or any tips for you in tackling this project.
>>
I mean, I am interested, but ultimately happy with my goodreads so I won't be contributing. Have a bump though.
>>
>>8893407
Can we have an alternative to a rating system?
Rating books is a garbage concept

At best there should be just recommendations
>>
File: 1482575516936.jpg (114KB, 507x768px) Image search: [Google]
1482575516936.jpg
114KB, 507x768px
>>8893407
>Like you guys, I'm tired of goodreads and also tired of the fact that we don't really have any alternative to it. So, I propose we make a /lit/ non-pleb version of goodreads.

Jesus put your dick in your pants. There is no general consensus here that people hate goodreads. It does it's job and provides golden keks on the reviews section of the site. Also, spending your time and energy to establish an alternative community where there is no demand for one is just self indulgence and not realizing that you cannot have a FREE transit site and a 'non pleb' one, as you say, at the same time. If everyone can register or browse then it's just as good as a goodreads with a different layout, and if you charge subscriptions so only the really interested will come it's guaranteed they wont because goodreads is free
>>
Haven't I seen this thread before?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.