[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does drinking wine, or in general, enhance your reading experience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161227_210719.jpg (2MB, 3006x4611px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161227_210719.jpg
2MB, 3006x4611px
Does drinking wine, or in general, enhance your reading experience?
>>
i can only read sober. can't imagine how anyone does it under the influence or intoxicated.
>>
if i'm reading 4chan posts, yes.
>>
it calms my anxiety and helps me focus after one glass of wine
>>
>>8892953
Nope.
>>
>>8892953
Are the pages kind of frayed and uneven for this edition or is it just my copy? The quality is terrible, even for a paperback.
>>
I occasionally smoke weed and read for the same reasons I smoke and watch movies or listen to music because temporarily making myself dumber enhances the experience. Then I read almost painfully slowly.

Alcohol and books is kind of trash.
>>
I sometimes drink liquor while I read. Whisky, brandy, or dark rum. Not so much that I get drunk, but enough to feel it.
>>
>>8892959
this
>>
>>8893183
Yes, they are like that for mine also. As for the quality, the pages are thin, which is understandable considering the length of the book.
>>
I can't drink in my house because I live with my grandmother and she is a hardcore Christian that only believes Jimmy Swaggart. Whenever I bring up that Jesus conjured and then served wine she tells me it was grape juice and that all instances of wine in the bible are grape juice despite me saying in the original texts it would be "trux" for grape juice and not the "oinos" it is.

If you do get that far in a debate she will just say "it leads to drunkeness and that's bad" but that is like saying eating an apple can lead to obesity.

There is no winning and despite her complaints about Muslims she might as well be one. I just drink in my cabin whilst reading by candlelight with my dog.
>>
>>8893432
>his local library doesn't have a bar inside
HAhahah
>>
>>8892959
I can read while high on weed, although it slows me down a lot because I keep reading the same lines over and over. It does increase my immersion and imagination, though.
>>
>>8893468
I wish I could smoke weed desu
>>
I can't read shit.
>>
>>8892953
Guys should I get the hardback or paperback version of Infinite Jest?
>>
>>8893535
Why can't you? Geuninally curious.

I can't after being a chronic smoker for years due to a bad lsd trip. Smoked too much weed on the trip and started to hear the voice of my dead father telling me he was going to punish me for all the weed I've smoked.

Ever since that day weed legitimately caused physical pain to my body whenever I smoke it. Legit feels like someone is ripping my intestines out through my stomach the pain is so bad. It makes me ball over in tears and sob despite me being a large fellow with a strong pain tolerance.

I know this sounds insane but I swear it's true. Why can't you?
>>
>>8893603
I remember smoking weed in middle school with a few guys, and with my cousin, and random people throughout my life up until this one point. Then in highschool I had really really bad social anxiety and only smoked weed in my house. It would just make me really paranoid, but I just loved the feeling. Idk it's hard to explain, like the dopamine rush or whatever was better than the paranoid feeling.

I'm older now though and don't have social anxiety anymore, like "I" just worked it out on my own. Even if I wanted to smoke weed again I don't have a hookup and don't feel like trying to find one. If I had a gram of weed now though I totally would smoke a bowl, just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>8893445

The closest library is a city over (I live in a rural place) and I don't have a car.
>>
What is an in general and how does one read it?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.