[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I enjoyed this book Did you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: born-to-run-9781501141515_hr.jpg (281KB, 1400x2128px) Image search: [Google]
born-to-run-9781501141515_hr.jpg
281KB, 1400x2128px
I enjoyed this book

Did you?
>>
Yes. "Slane Castle, Dublin" annoyed me though
>>
>>8891806

i like his music

dancing in the dark is god tier
>>
>>8891864
You're cute.

I don't mean this in a derogatory way, it's just kind of cute that you like that song, and that you call it "god tier."

I agree, it's a very nice song :)
>>
>>8891932
all about thunder road
>>
>>8891864
The book won't disappoint you then. It's basically one giant Bruce Springstein song
>>
>>8891938
Backstreets
>>
Bruce Springsteen is a fucking hack
>>
>>8892384

i'm going down ):
>>
File: 1477308913702.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477308913702.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>8892384
Being this retarded
>>
>>8891806
Didn't read. Been thinking about getting Elvis Costello's book.
>>
>>8892405
this is a fun book, if a bit flowery at times. like a book-length imperial bedroom
>>
What is the most underrated Springsteen song and why is it "Fever"? It was a '73 studio outtake released as a rare promo in the interim period between Wild and the Innocent and Born to Run. My dad used to hear it a lot on his local progressive rock station when he was in high school.
>>
>>8892572
He gave it to Southside Johnny did he not?
>>
>>8891806
yeah i did. it's good

now what
>>
>>8892717
Yes he did.
>>
Bruce Springsteen is fraudulent, lefty scum representive of shitty pop rock music and the worst of left-approved "Americana" culture.
>>
>>8893400
That's nice
>>
>>8893400
This
>>
>>8893433
He's a globalist Hillary shill, who's also an SJW (supports tranny bathroom bill) and pretends to be in touch with the common man despite being a billionaire.

Oh, and "Born In the USA" is shitty song not only for it's musical and lyrical mediocrity, awful singing and band perfomance on the track, but for being blatantly anti-American disguised as the opposite.
>>
>>8893400
But, he made Glory Days for you people.

He seems like a real nice guy. Never could stand his music much though.
>>
>>8893461
>Never could stand his music much though.
What have you heard of his?
>>
>>8893450
Lurkmoar faggot
>>
File: Evangeline Lilly.jpg (83KB, 949x830px) Image search: [Google]
Evangeline Lilly.jpg
83KB, 949x830px
>>8893472
The usual old hit single stuff. Not a fan. He's too monotone.
>>
For those who can't "into" Bruce, I recommend:
>"The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle" for youthful, funky and soulful RnB, rock, and folk styles as Bruce moves out of his early 70s "New Dylan"
>'Born to Run' for "classic, anthemic mid 1970s rock"
>'Darkness on the Edge of Town' for something a bit harder and mature
>'The River' for a continuation of the Darkness style juxtaposed with more accessible and wide-spanning dimensions of Bruce's songwriting
>'Nebraska' for sparse and desolate lo-fi folk rock informed by personal demons
>'Live 1975 - 1985' for a showcase of Bruce in his prime as the top live showman, singer, and guitarist of his era, backed by an all star band. It chronicles Bruce and the band's rise from small clubs and theaters to arenas and stadiums of a 10 year span. Truly, his music and his own persona takes on a whole new life in the live setting.
>>
>>8893552
Born in the USA is looked down upon by snobs, but it's a 10/10 pop-rock record and belongs in your list.
>>
>>8893571
Yes, but for people who have just heard the 'hits', it's better to go with more of Bruce's diverse and less pop rock-oriented records (particularly one mired by the kind of cliche 80s synths everywhere + reverb on the drums production style)
>>
>>8893450
Oh lord
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.