[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psa: This is 10x better than how to read by that Mortimer guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Psa: This is 10x better than how to read by that Mortimer guy
>>
>>8891783
love this book, its comfy as fuck

but in my opinion how to read by Bloom is the best book to learn how to read
>>
>>8891783
the title and the subtitle sound like colossal bullshit
>>
>>8891862
its actually good nigger
prose is our gal, she recommends the greeks and gravity rainbow in there
>>
>>8891877
>prose is our gal

She also complains about her students being underread plebs, loves 2666, and wrote a good essay about how terrible literary education is in America (I Know Why the Caged Bird Cannot Read). She's like a female Bloom.
>>
>>8891877
>>8891931
cringe
>>
>>8891931
I also noticed that she seemed like a female bloom. But I'm a big fan of both
>>
>>8891835

Is that book worth a read? I looked at the table of contents and it seemed like the book was an excuse for him to masturbate about his favorite books (which is fine but didn't seem to match up to the title)
>>
>>8892083

It's fine, but don't expect something really formal like that Mortimer book. It's just Bloom explaining his reading philosophies in the form of introducing some of his favourite books.
>>
>>8892083
the best thing i learned that is that you're supposed to memorize poems, i started doing it and i recommend you to
>>
>>8892159

Thanks, I remember him talking about that on one of his Charlie Rose appearances.
>>
>prosefags
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.