[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Donnies Death Book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: f095b306.jpg (37KB, 989x1500px) Image search: [Google]
f095b306.jpg
37KB, 989x1500px
What do ye think of this?
>>
Overrated
>>
>>8891577
Really?
>>
>>8891577
Seriously though?
>>
>>8891557
Wait Don delillo?

isn't he the guy that did 9/11 yeah?
>>
>>8892334
Yes
>>
File: wojack 4.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
wojack 4.png
9KB, 205x246px
>>8892443
How does he keep getting away with it?
>>
File: today.jpg (57KB, 473x480px) Image search: [Google]
today.jpg
57KB, 473x480px
Actually pretentious drivel. DeLillo disguises his complete lack of anything to say with intentional vagueness and a thin layer of 'satire', which he seems to think means "writing stupid unlikable characters and having them do and say stupid, unlikable things". Everything, from the jokes about academia (Hitler Studies! Because academics are obsessed with Hitler, hyuk!) to the weird idea that consumerism is some kind of cult (Toyota Cecilia!) is cheap sub-Tommy P absurdism, clearly the product of a mind less interested than saying anything about real life than self-consciously striving to be a Great Writer. And wrapped up, of course, in the eternal defense of "satire". But satire requires some element of realism to be amusing; what DeLillo gives us, a strutting series of shabbily-constructed puppets bouncing about on a stage with the word LITERATURE written in glowing lights above, is further from realism than your average genre fantasy novel, and just about as mastabatory.
>>
File: Donny.jpg (1MB, 1500x962px) Image search: [Google]
Donny.jpg
1MB, 1500x962px
>>8892483
Man I don't know why people feel the need to find problems with his writing when he FLEW A FUCKING PLANE INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER

Or at least organised people to do just that

Isnt that a little more important!
>>
>>8891557

areadersmanifesto.jaypeg
>>
>>8892483
What about y'know the whole consumerism is an anaesthetic to our fear of death dimension of the novel?
>>
>>8892448
He's very fast when puts on his spiffy trainers he can run up 'n down maontains
>>
>>8892513
Not an untrue observation, but it's basically on the same shallow level as Palahnuik's Fight Club in terms of insight. But Fight Club is a short novel written in breezy straightforward prose, with simple characters and lots of action. DeLillo takes this simple theme, not an inherently bad one, and tries to hang a novel on it that's simply too much. Once you have said that consumerism is bad you can only say it again so many times in one book before it becomes grating.
>>
>>8892539
I agree but at the same time think it's leaps and bounds above Fight Club. It's probably an overhyped book but I enjoyed it
>>
>>8891557

isn't underworld his death book
>>
>>8892494
I liked 9/11, tho I wish he had set the war a little closer to home. Why did he have to set all those scenes in Afghanistan and Iraq? Literally nothing happens in New York after the attack. As if it had never even happened.
>>
>>8892594
Seems to be a running theme in his oeuvre.
>>8892756
Variety?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.