[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anna Karenina

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-AnnaKareninaTitle.jpg (12KB, 220x336px) Image search: [Google]
220px-AnnaKareninaTitle.jpg
12KB, 220x336px
About to start reading Anna Karenina. What should I know beforehand? What did you think of the novel?
>>
>>8890560
Nothing. Just read the damned book. Also I loved it.
>>
It is perhaps the greatest book I've ever read.
Give it time. It is pretty straightforward in terms of prose but with unbelievable depth behind it. Tolstoy wasn't paid per page (he wrote many short stories, after all), he wrote each sentence because he had to.
>>
>>8890560
a fucking meme
>>
You don't need to know anything.

I didn't like it.
>>
>>8890603
DUDE EBIN! YOU SURE TROLLED THEM GOOD XDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>8890603
>>8890608
Rebbitors go back to rebbit
>>
>>8890620
Sorry for not liking the book.
>>
>>8890620
>>8890609
suck my cocks you tryhard numales
>>
>>8890560
Pay attention to who is speaking french and whom they are speaking to.
>>
>>8890560
>What did you think of the novel?

I put off reading Anna Karenina for a long time because I was reluctant to read a book about a woman.

I'm glad I finally did read it though. The parts with Levin working on his farm mowing grain or hunting snipe in the marsh with his dog were so damn comfy.

Plus Vronsky was alpha as fuck, fucking sluts, racing horses and finally going off to Serbia to remove kebab or die trying.
>>
Vronsky is the best character.
>>
>>8890560
>Anna Karenina

Anna was a cunt. A cunt to an alarming degree. As in, I hated her. As in, I was shocked at how much I hated her.

I'm not sure what Tolstoy meant by this.
>>
I only watched the movie but I thought it was horrible, absolutely horrible
>>
>>8892488
Considering the fact that you saw a shitty hollywood adaptation, your impression is to be expected.

>>8892473
Yeah, because falling in love sincerely and wanting to get out of a fake marriage is being a cunt. She is flawed as a person overall but is also a normal, confused human being, not someone to be hated.
>>
>>8892595
>>8890781
She was a cunt. I hated her and this was reading it before I became particularly critical of women. Infidelity is never justified, the problem is I don't remember who she was married to, so she gets all the blame.

Levin was the main character for me. I wanted to be Levin so bad. Tfw I need to wait a while before I can move out to the country and scythe my grass.

I might learn Russian one of these years just so I can read Tolstoy in his native tongue.
>>
>>8893119

Levin was based on Tolstoy himself. He's a pretty based character.

The important thing isn't whether you like the character or not, it's about understanding the character's motivations and belief systems and relating that to people you know to help you better understand the world.
>>
You should know that train-san did nothing wrong
>>
>>8890560

Start with the cucks
>>
>>8893119
>She was a cunt. I hated her and this was reading it before I became particularly critical of women.
Calm the fuck down, it's a book.

>Infidelity is never justified,
That's a very nice categorical statement with no justification offered.

>I don't remember who she was married to
Here, I'll remind you. Karenin was a politician to the bone. He is a calculating and cold person who doesn't really care about Anna at all. When he learns that she loves Vronsky, all he wants her to is to keep quiet, to avoid any scandals that might affect his social standing. What about her human emotional needs? Fuck that. Anna has nothing to offer to such a man, and has to direct all her love to her son. Their cold marriage is nothing more than a contract, it's no wonder it fell apart.

>Levin was the main character for me.
For you, perhaps, but Tolstoy didn't dedicate half the book to Anna for no reason. Ignoring either character will harm your reading experience.

>Tfw I need to wait a while before I can move out to the country and scythe my grass.
If the purpose of Levin was just to tell you to scythe your grass, Tolstoy should've just ended his arc right there, somewhere in the middle of the first tome. But he didn't.

By the way, did you hate Oblonsky as much as you hated Anna?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.