[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 7588.jpg (27KB, 315x475px) Image search: [Google]
7588.jpg
27KB, 315x475px
Is the last half of this book similar to what philosophy is? I haven't read any philosophy books so most of it went right over my head, and I tend to just ignore the /lit/ memes on stuff like that. But I could get down with trying to work out what beauty and art means to me, seems like it would make living a more fulfilling experience.
>>
File: vining-2.jpg (122KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
vining-2.jpg
122KB, 600x739px
>>8890163
If you got to the second half, you are better versed in philosophy and literature than most people here.
Go advise people on books youve never read, somebody told me its popular here.
>>
>>8890163
Eh yeah, kind of. Specifically Aesthetic Philosophy.
Although Stephen was purposefully written as a pseud retard so it'll be rather different.
Start with Aristotle's Poetics
>>
>>8890166
Kek. I've really enjoyed the book despite not being well read enough to understand most of it. I love how the voice and language of the book changes as it goes on.

>>8890168
A psued retard in what way? Not trying to argue, just wondering. And I'll look into it, thanks.
>>
>>8890173
His arguments had no real basis or justification, he was just basically saying whatever felt right in his head from a small exposure to really old thinkers in his education. All the while he talks with the air of thinking he's Plato born again
>>
>>8890191
Yeah I noticed a lot of words seem to come out of his mouth without him actually saying anything. Also his friend didn't seem into any of it
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.