[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so empty ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 119073.jpg (86KB, 308x475px) Image search: [Google]
119073.jpg
86KB, 308x475px
Why is it so empty ?
>>
because he is writing as an academic.

he is able to add a bunch of nuances and interesting subjects shrouded in tidbits of fun facts and semiotics but it's lacking because he's not an "artist"

i only read this and Foucault's Pendulum and thought, yeaup okay that happened
>>
>>8890007
>Foucault's Pendulum
I had the hardest time ploughing through this book and thought it rather pretentieus, now a few years later I still commonly encouter references used in the book in daily life.
>>
>>8890081
it's a pretty fun read in the same way, say, sit-coms and summer blockbusters are entertaining.

Mindless drivel but fun.
>>
>>8890007
It isn't, you just aren't getting the full impact for whatever reason. Maybe try a bit of Borges first, then come back to it.
>>
>>8890105
does eco have a fuck ton of really good short stories too?

I've read borges in the original spanish and translated english and can say it is much better in spanish

is eco like a bagillion fajillion times better in italian? . . . i can't read italian
>>
>>8890105
>for whatever reason
This intrigues me. Why would that be ? Any ideas on that ?
>>
>>8890105
sorry, also, which bit of Borges ?
>>
>>8890143
Not him but Labyrinths and the Aleph
>>
>>8890134
He's not. The book's boring and pretentious in every language
>>
>>8890567
I don't think it has been boring. I was just expecting it to be more thought inducing. I am a bit disappointed with it, but it could be my fault.
>>
>the ribbit invasion is getting so bad that eco is considered pretentious now

wew
>>
>>8890007
I thought it was pretty informative but I really enjoyed all the bits about the debate on poverty and Fra Dolcino and other heretics. And I liked the murder mystery as well.
>>
>empty
What does it even mean, other than your inability to be articulate?
>>
I thought the name of the rose was great and not really overbearing.

Is Foucault's pendulum worthwhile? The premise sounds great but I read that it is some sort of extreme mind dump for eco.
>>
>>8890796
not really, foucault's pendulum is in many ways the superior work (though with less of a focus on overtly "/lit/" topics and moreso on /x/-esque things. it's very concise despite its length.

a true eco minddump wouldve been 100k pages long
>>
It's good you faggot. It's a treat to have someone writing genre fic for people who like literature.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.