[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any books you consider unregoznied works of genius

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: accepted high literature.jpg (25KB, 450x274px) Image search: [Google]
accepted high literature.jpg
25KB, 450x274px
Are there any books you consider unregoznied works of genius because of how extremely offbeat they are according to literary standards?
Is there a strain of unrecognized literature that is so offbeat that even literature "experts" think is crap because of how unstandard it is?
I mean like a parallel line of literature that runs across literaty history of unconventional writers?
>>
>>8889525
Obviusly since its unrecognized by any sort of oppinion makers and large groups of literary appreciation, i am asking about your personal judgment of some pieces.
>>
Perhaps a more cohrent question would be if there is any sort of literature or literary form that is simply impossible to be ever accepted by any standards that are mainstream or group standards.
>>
>>8889525
No. This makes no sense since the 20th century has seen the growth of perhaps the most experimental and transgressive, edgy literature ever.

Unrecognized works of genius nowadays are those, I guess, that are too difficult (and long, just for added measure). Women & Men by McElroy, for instance, is out of print and there's a very small amount of literary criticism on it b/c no one wants to read the damned thing. The Recognitions also isn't recognized as a classic. etc.

But the funny part is that, when these books are mentioned, they're generally mentioned positively. It's like a sort of half-existence --- that's the most lack of recognition you'll get in today's society if you're a genius but your works are too long and difficult.

Also, Darconville's Cat is fucking genius, one of the best books I've read in my life
>>
>>8889582
>The Recognitions also isn't recognized as a classic
I should probably clarify on this before people pounce on me --- it IS, but simply isn't very popular and as iconic as other American classics and doesn't have as much criticism on it as other modern works do, even though it was written 60 damn years ago
>>
>>8889582
>>8889587
do you think there can be works of genius that people simply cannot admit ot liking and will thus never be part of a consensus?
>>
>>8889593
Well, Lolita, Naked Lunch, Dhalgren.... can't get much edgier than those. Risque for their days, yes, but that's the point I've made --- we've already become inured to edginess in art. American Psycho. etc.

If you really want something you can't admit to liking although it's a work of genius, try Mein Kampf.
>>
The Lost Scrapbook by Evan Dara
>>
>>8889582
The postmodern artistic trend towards novelty and shock is slowing because everybody has been desensitized to edgy subject matter and formal experimentation, ironically people working in that idiom in the 21st century more often bore than shock.

We need to invent new artistic values instead of scrambling to defecate all of the old ones.
>>
>>8889597
But mein kamp was/is already popular.
Who doesnt know about it and many have read it.
even mein kampf has groups of people who dont mind saying they like it.
Maybe there is something even more primal which nobody can amidt to liking.
>>
>>8889593
say no more pham
>>
>>8889609
I'm not against this, I was just saying it how I thought it is. Namely, we can no longer write something so offensive it can't be accepted as good art if it's artistic enough. Or perhaps even, paradoxically, as you say, it won't bore rather than shock since it's been done so much.

>>8889610
>which nobody can amidt to liking
no such thing IMO
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.