[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want a book that has the ability to completely change your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: hammock.jpg (95KB, 662x497px) Image search: [Google]
hammock.jpg
95KB, 662x497px
I want a book that has the ability to completely change your perspective on life.

What is something most do not understand about life until it is too late?
>>
>>8888074
>What is something most do not understand about life until it is too late?
I am someone who likes epiphanies about the way the world works. How language changes, how nature changes, how the body works - that kind of stuff.
I am not sure if that is what you are searching for, but if it is I could give you some suggestions perhaps. Just be somewhat more specific.
>>
On Women

/thread
>>
>>8888093
Yes, epiphanies about life is exactly what I mean. I haven't had that in a long time and I feel stuck in progress of my life at the moment, need fresh ideas or insights, epiphanies.
>>
>>8888074
There's no single such book, and if someone tells you otherwise he's a 100iq tier sheeple.
>>
Brief History of Sapiens
>>
>>8888162
Nice, more like this? A short history of nearly everything is similar maybe
>>
>>8888097
Ok give me a moment, I got this
>>
>>8888074
>What is something most do not understand about life until it is too late?

Only Christ can save.
>>
Most of them are popular science, I hope you don't mind that
>The Secret of Our Success by Joseph Henrich
Changed some of my ideas towards intelligence, it is more or less an anthropological book
>Predisposed by John Hibbing and Our political nature by Avi Tuschman
Political science, claiming that there are biological reasons for politics. Both claim something else so I am a bit confused, but still interesting. Science doesn't seem to be settled.
>The Tinkerer's Accomplice by Scott Turner
If you are into evolutionary biology you might like this, unique way of looking at it.
>Evolution in four dimensions by Eva Jablonka
Same as above, deals with epigenetics and learning
>Gut feelings by Gerd Gigerenzer
Wasn't that great but still some interesting insights, psychology book.
>Plant Behaviour and Intelligence by Anthony J. Trewavas
If you are into plants, you could find this interesting
>War and Peace and War by Peter Turchin
History with mathematical models behind it, with a theory why societies expand and collapse
>Survival of the Sickest and Why We Get Sick
If you are into disease and evolution. First one is very pop science, the other is a bit more sciency

You could check out the books by Stuart Kauffman, Steven Pinker (linguistics) and Nassim Taleb
>>
>>8888228
I really thank you from the bottom of my heart, wherever you are on this planet young man. Will look into these books :)
>>
The story of Art by Gombrich got me into visual arts. Even if he's against non-figurative art he also taught me how to look at contemporary stuff. The book is very well written and it assumes no previous knowledge of the subject. All of the works mentioned are also printed in the book, which is amazing.
>>
>>8888244
>Will look into these books :)
Pick what you like, I sometimes got books suggested I felt I should read but did not actually like

If you find nature interesting I can even give you more

I found most of my books either by accident, in books I enjoyed, or by the recommendations of goodreads

And a few in the local school library by just searching for keywords, found some books that way on Google as well
>>
>>8888288
I kind of want a book that will give me the insight to help me become happier in life. My life right now is work>4chan>read>game>sleep repeat. I'm kind of going into a depression.
>>
The Selfish Gene. Not an easy reard.
>>
>>8888299
>I kind of want a book that will give me the insight to help me become happier in life.
>I'm kind of going into a depression.
I have bipolar disorder and my whole teenage years were mostly depression. I wasn't on 4chan back then but mostly spend time on the computer.

Changing my diet, reading more books and getting out of my parents home helped me the most. Taking walks outside and going plant hunting possibly helps as well.

Maybe this book? Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. It apparently changed people lives, have yet to read it.

You could also try volunteering desu if you have the time for that. I used to do it, but I have to say it isn't that fulfilling for me.
>>
You could also read about Stoic philosophy
>>
>>8888341
What book do you recommend for intro to stoic philosophy?
>>
>>8888345
>What book do you recommend for intro to stoic philosophy?
I haven't read Marcus Aurelius Meditations but it has often been suggested on here.
I myself have only read Seneca's Dialogues.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.