[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should i read this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1371.jpg (37KB, 318x470px)
1371.jpg
37KB, 318x470px
Why should i read this
>>
It's fun
>>
>>8886671
Don't, learning about works of literature that underly western culture is for homos and has NO purpose LMAO

you'll get farther ahead reading /lit/ shitposts 8 hours a day instead of that crap.

Read 'My Diary Desu,' by Me, instead.

:^)
>>
>>8886671
It's just exciting, especially if you're interested in ancient culture and warfare. Plus, everyone gets hit right near the nipple.
>>
>>8886671
watch Troy and then just pretend you've read the Iliad
>>
It's among the greatest works of literature and touches on a phenomenal range of emotion. Taken together with the Odyssey, you get to see and experience the birth of both tragedy and the novel, of which they are the gold standard. Not only that, but the Iliad is the birthplace of the prototypical existentialist hero that would go on to become so prevalent after Homer, through characters like Euripides' Orestes, Sophocles' Oedipus, down to our own day.
>>
>>8886671
because Brad Pitt dude lmao
>>
"There—
he killed Astynous, then Hypiron, a frontline captain.
One he stabbed with a bronze lance above the nipple,
the other his heavy sword hacked at the collarbone,
right on the shoulder, cleaving the whole shoulder
clear of neck and back. And he left them there,
dead, and he made a rush at Abas and Polyidus,
sons of Eurydamas, an aged reader of dreams,
but the old prophet read no dreams for them
when they set out for Troy-Diomedes laid them low
then swung to attack the two sons of Phaenops,
hardy Xanthus and Thoon, both men grown tall
as their father shrank away with wasting age ...
he'd never breed more sons to leave his riches to.
The son of Tydeus killed the two of them on the spot,
he ripped the dear life out of both and left their father
tears and wrenching grief. Now he'd never welcome
his two sons home from war, alive in the flesh,
and distant kin would carve apart their birthright."

It's the first anime, though it sounds like you're looking for a reason NOT to read it rather than the opposite which would be really embarrassing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.