[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Funniest Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: hyenas.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
hyenas.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
I need some cheering up. What are the funniest books you've read?

hard mode: No memes recs or post-modern irony
>>
Confederacy of Dunces
Areas of My Expertise and the sequels
Drabby Parker's Whiplash Ride through Dominavidson's Haunted Backtard
>>
>>8885704
I liked John Dies at the End
>>
gravitys rainbow, its seth mcfarlane on crack and acid.
>>
>>8885704
probably memes or post-modern whatever but the 12 chairs, confederacy of dunces, good soldier svejk, at swim-two-birds, war with the newts all made me laugh a lot :^)
>>
Augusto Monterroso's La oveja negra (The Black Sheep).
>>
Ulysses is a riot
>>
>>8885707
Wait a second

Confederacy of Dunces isn't a real book
>>
Based on a True Story by Norm Macdonald. It's the only legitimately funny book in this thread. The rest are a little wry and cooky but you won't laugh out loud at them unless you're just pretending
>>
>>8885756
>i wont laugh at loud at a man going down the toilet
>i wont laugh at loud about a pie fight during a serious war
>i wont laugh at loud at goofs, gags, jokes, and rambunctious behavior

>>
>>8885756
>i wont laugh at drabby parker literally nailing dominavidon's hand to his lawnmower so he can't spit at him anymore

>>
>>8885704
J R

it has memes. loads of them. HOPPING WITH FLAVOR. HOLYYYYY....
>>
Jacques le fataliste
>>
>>8885704
If i want humour id just ask to read your diary
>>
Anything by Wodehouse.
>>
Cannery Row by Steinbeck
>>
Infinite Jest

You'll laugh at how bad it is.
>>
>>8886286
Came to say this.
>>
I found The Black Prince by Iris Murdoch pretty funny at times
>>
>>8885704
The incarnations of immortality series by Piers Anthony is pretty great, a mix of comedy and seriousness.
>>
>>8885704
Wodehouse, Heller, Ruggles, Fforde, Pratchett and Adams are the funniest authors I've come across.
>>
Memories of My Father Watching TV
>>
The Long Ships. 95% is serious, but that 5% made me absolutely lose my shit.

A lot of the humor Eco throws into his fiction is a riot as well. Baudolino especially, The Prague Cemetery a close second.
>>
>>
Wodehouse, Rankin, Pratchett and Adams, Grant Naylor
>>
Lucky Jim
>>
Catch-22. So far it's the only book I've read that made me laugh out loud.
>>
Fictions or El Aleph by Borges are quite funny in my opinion. I don't really laugh often but sometimes I'll just let out a small chuckle while reading one of his novels, which is a lot to my standards
>>
>>8886474
I like it so much that I read it 4 times
>>
>>8885704

catch-22, heller
>>
File: read-out-loud-or-aloud.png (71KB, 1178x422px) Image search: [Google]
read-out-loud-or-aloud.png
71KB, 1178x422px
>>8885764
>at loud
>>
Candide and Catch 22 have both made me laugh out loud while reading
>>
catch 22
american psycho
candide
vanity fair
>>
Three Men in a Boat is one of the funniest books I've ever read and I never see it recommended here
>>
>>8885704
flashman
>>
>>8888744
you don't need a book to laugh, just this comment is enough
>>
Miles Davis's autobiography (with Quincy Troupe) is pretty "lol" funny.
>>
Lolita. I am beeing completely honest: It is by far the funniest book I have ever read. Humbert Humbert is hilarious: he makes several jokes per page. While the matter of the book is serious and often brutal and sad, the voice of the narrator is one of the most comicaly gifted I have ever encountered. The guy puts any stand-up comedian to shame.
>>
Dead Souls by Gogol and Tristram Shandy by Sterne. Besides GR probably the only two books ever to make me laugh out loud.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.