[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post what you're reading and how you're enjoying it so far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: mupp.jpg (2MB, 3245x2592px) Image search: [Google]
mupp.jpg
2MB, 3245x2592px
Reading the Iliad

I'm on the part where Menelaus gets 360 no-scoped in the dick and it's fucking badass I'm loving how descriptive everything is, every wound, every kill and every emotion is laid out in all it's essentiality.
>>
>>8885038
Got White Noise. Fucking bowled over by it in all honesty and regret not reading it earlier. I think about death quite a lot so I identify with the narrator a lot personally. The critique of consumerism is great as well and Heinrich is great I loved that passage where they argued about the rain.
>>
I'm reading A Christmas Carol
I like it a lot so far, Charles Dickens' voice is one of the most unique I've ever heard, he has that sort of wit that is really fun to read. God bless us, every one.
>>
The Wendigo
>>
>>8885038
you'd better be reading the original greek, faggot
>>
Reading Seiobo There Below

I'm enjoying it overall, Krasznahorkai's prose is incredibly well done and it manages to talk about art without being unbearably pretentious.

I just wish it had more variety in the stories. "dude italian renaissance painters" is beaten into the ground a bit by the end.
>>
Reading "The Drowning Pool" by Ross Macdonald. It's early on, but I can see the little bits and pieces that remind me of Raymond Chandler, something I didn't really see in Hammett's first book, but I'll go back and read his others sometime. Macdonald's first book also had those Chandler-esque glimpses, and I'm excited to find it in a more prolific author.
>>
File: suffering and despair.jpg (42KB, 736x442px) Image search: [Google]
suffering and despair.jpg
42KB, 736x442px
>>8885137
Yes no
>>
File: BOY.jpg (47KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
BOY.jpg
47KB, 600x800px
Diomedes is on some Guts tier shit right now, god damn

"There—
he killed Astynous, then Hypiron, a frontline captain.
One he stabbed with a bronze lance above the nipple,
the other his heavy sword hacked at the collarbone,
right on the shoulder, cleaving the whole shoulder
clear of neck and back. And he left them there,
dead, and he made a rush at Abas and Polyidus,
sons of Eurydamas, an aged reader of dreams,
but the old prophet read no dreams for them
when they set out for Troy-Diomedes laid them low
then swung to attack the two sons of Phaenops,
hardy Xanthus and Thoon, both men grown tall
as their father shrank away with wasting age ...
he'd never breed more sons to leave his riches to.
The son of Tydeus killed the two of them on the spot,
he ripped the dear life out of both and left their father
tears and wrenching grief. Now he'd never welcome
his two sons home from war, alive in the flesh,
and distant kin would carve apart their birthright."
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.