[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why i feel stoned while reading philosophy? Wtf?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: aristotle.jpg (27KB, 375x450px) Image search: [Google]
aristotle.jpg
27KB, 375x450px
Why i feel stoned while reading philosophy? Wtf?
>>
When you smoke weed, your mind expands, revealing features of reality that you never knew were there; similarly, philosophy (which means "love of knowledge") is a mind-expanding activity that leads you to consider things from a new perspective. It's no coincidence that people get very 'philosophical' when thehy're high on cannabis. Philosophy and weed both make you smarter, and they go hand in hand like good old PB&J.
>>
File: IMG_2097.jpg (46KB, 750x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2097.jpg
46KB, 750x607px
>>8884877
Knowledge is entering the frontal lobe
>>
When I smoke weed my mind essentially implodes and I begin feeling my memories being rewritten with false ones I make up as I go along. I also constantly think "wait, was I thinking about this last time I was high? I have no idea, maybe that's just another false memory."

Does this happen to anyone else? Am I just too smart for drugs?
>>
>>8884890
>philosophy and weed both make you smarter

[citation needed]
>>
File: IMG_2193.jpg (79KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2193.jpg
79KB, 750x600px
>>8884899
Yes you should stop. Drugs are bad 4 u
>>
>>8884877
Ur getting high on monads senpai
>>
>>8884902
I should mention of course that my memories are fine and untouched the next day
>>
>>8884890
Frequent user of medical edibles here
Weed in no fucking way makes you smarter
>>
>>8884902
Citation needed.
>>
File: IMG_2024.jpg (14KB, 217x327px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2024.jpg
14KB, 217x327px
>>8884914
>>8884917

Did you guys not pay attention in health class?
>>
Weed makes dumb people feel smart for a short time, and smart people feel dumb for a short time.

It's escapism, y'all.
>>
Because some configurations of words can change your state of consciousness.

Actually, it's always YOU who changes your state of consciousness, but until you can master the process you need certain triggers.
>>
>>8884899
Anon, I'm sorry to break this for you, but memory is always "rewritten". It's even wrong to put it this way, because there is no way memory is not rewritten, that's what remembering something is about. It's impossible for a memory to be false in the same sense that it is impossible for it to be true. It's not the place for the memory to be, there are no facts. In ten years perhaps you'll remember today as being a good time in your live and then in fifteen years you'll remember this same time as being a bad time and back and forth. What you have is just your memory facing the world around you right now, the way you see things and people around you. What you claim to be a false memory is just a memory that you think cannot hold up to the world today, just like you may resent some person for some fight you had, meet that person after some time and the person be alright with you, leaving you thinking whether you remembered it correctly or not, or if it is that person that just forgot it, so there is no "remembering it correctly". Drugs or not.

With weed, the way your thoughts arrive and go away is reorganized. If you are neurotic about it, you may take this as "thinking wrongly" about things, just like, in a similarly paranoid way though in a different sense, you may think you are "finally getting things right". Question is, what of it? So what you thought about the same thing as the other day or maybe you didn't? To try to get hold of repetitions like that is essentially what neurosis is about.

Again, nothing about the drug itself. Though it definitely alters your experience, is it for good or for bad? Trick question, you may think it is bad today but thank it years from now, or perhaps you may enjoy yourself today and regret this later on, then forgive it, then become anti-drug...

Memory is always an invention. All fiction is neither true or false.
>>
>>8884933
As a smart person, I think it is smart to feel dumb every once in a while so you have the humility to learn more and become even more smart. No escapism. Check mate.
>>
>>8884899
I had similar feelings when I smoked weed, also extremely uncanny deja vu (like to the point of being very unpleasant), so I stopped smoking.

Years later, I have little difficulties of memory, like I have trouble separating past/prior instances of something from the most recent instance, and I'm 90% sure it's from the weed.
>>
>>8884959
As a dumb person, I think it is dumb to feel smart every once in a while, so you have the grandiosity to forget more and become even more dumb. Escapism. Yahtzee.
>>
>>8884962
It doesn't mean anything if you are 90% sure. You are saying you have become less sure of things and you want to tell us you are highly sure about what it has caused it.

Your own feeling of being sure of something is in question and you have nothing to hold onto except your own subjective life experience of how that came about. You have trouble separating past to recent instances because there is no such separation at all. Not that they come together, but that putting them together or apart are themselves thing you invent to live within a narrative of yourself. It's what they mean to you right now that place them in your memory and to try and put them in objective boxes is an endless and impossible task.
>>
>>8884982
Rekt
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 640x640px
>>8884890
Heck yeah
>>
I used to smoke tons of weed until I dropped acid and I realized and I was a fucking loser and stoped doing drugs.
I tried to smoke weed again on some really low times but it just made everything worse. The feeling of not being at my best is just too disgusting.
I dont know about how bad it actually is for your intellect to smoke weed, it seems like there are as many different studies as there are opinions on the debate, but if you, the faggot reading this, have not smoked weed ever, it seems like a good idea to stay that way.
/blogpost
>>
op here i meant drugs generally not weed specifically
>>
>>8885103
what if im stoned right now tho?
>>
>>8885301
Listen to music and make sure to never smoke weed again
>>
>>8884897
Hey Kurwa Ive seen a lot of your posts lately. I really like you man, thought we could exchange our points of view on things in a non-anonymous way. PM me your email?! Im a girl btw
>>
>>8885301
cut yourself off from your customary stimulation and look the drug in the face
>>
>>8885561
sent ;)
>>
File: IMG_2227.jpg (54KB, 518x541px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2227.jpg
54KB, 518x541px
>>8885896
>>
>>8884899
I have never heard anyone describe my experience being high so well, what the fuck
>>
>>8884953
nice
>>
>>8884890
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>8885561
Catfish.

That or he's going to be beaten with a rubber hose.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.