[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Pursuit of Perfection in Prose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: TheGreatGatsby_1925jacket.jpg (77KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
TheGreatGatsby_1925jacket.jpg
77KB, 534x800px
I had reached a point this year of despair and severe addiction. My outlook lead me to prison for a short stay. My third incarceration over the past five years; all for 6-12 months, nothing to drastic. I had never had the discipline e to read on my own Accord, however when forced upon me in high school I enjoyed the act immensely.

The facility I was at this last stay had something more than a simple "book cart" filled with James Patterson thrillers and I took full advantage of it. My first read was pic related.

I was blown away by the potential the resides in language as expressed in Fitzgeralds magnum opus. The use of imagery itself, more so than what the imagery alludes too, captivated quenched a long thirst within my soul to relate to others, and correlate my own shortcomings, through literature.

I understand my addiction needs to be continually addressed, however, I feel as though I've come into contact with greater beauties and truths than those attained through my opiate abuse. Literature remains a critical part of my recovery not only of addiction but also of my attempt to find significance in self destruction in a larger sense.

Never under estimate the power of literature.
>>
>>8884621
Reminder that addicts are human trash and a complete drain on society
>>
>>8884621
I'm glad you found solace in literature, friend. Good luck & Merry Christmas
>>
>>8884621
https://youtube.com/watch?v=8DOy4hCih7w
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 398x398px
>>
>>8884639
Thank you may your new year be full of beauty.
>>
>>8884642
I've never seen this before it perfectly describes my own experience while reading Gatsby. Thank you
>>
>>8884642

AYY YO
>SMACKS LIPS
YOU BE SAYIN
>LICKS ASH OF LIPS
>>
>>8884621

I am happy for you anon. Although I am not an addict, reading definitely lets my mind escape from its more depressive aspects and I can be comforted or entertained by whatever it is I am invested in. Literature is a wonderfully beautiful and consoling thing. It also helps to know your time is being used in a means to be both entertained as well as acquire knowledge. Merry Christmas!
>>
>>8884723
Merry Christmas to you as well, I'm blown away by the potential literature holds, its immense. I'm reading the beats now then Joyce, Dostoevsky, and further though the western cannon. The weight of things unknown and yet to be had by this exploration is mesmerizing.
>>
>>8884621
you sound like an insufferable faggot trying to sound smart.
>>
The closing few paragraphs of Gatsby are probably the greatest conclusion to any novel. Glad literature is helping you, anon. Merry Christmas and best wishes!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.