[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1460313831620.jpg (48KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1460313831620.jpg
48KB, 500x381px
Guys, wtf was I thinking? I'm approaching the end of the first draft of my first novel and the ending isn't coming together at all. What sounded like a good idea just doesn't make sense, my readers would throw the book down in a fit of frustration. And my original idea for an ending would just be a cheap trick.

What was I thinking? Why did I think I could ever do this?

What do I do? Talk me off the ledge, bros.

Merry Christmas.
>>
just back away from it for a while and return to it later>>8882497
>>
>>8882501
this.

SPAAAAAAACE GHOOOOOOOOOOST
>>
Write it and your second draft shoulder allow you are fix it
>>
>>8882497

Have the last chapter be a guy waking up and realizing it was a dream. And then have him jerk off in an artistic mannet using lots of adjectives

Better yet a Jamaican lesbian. Go for the Zadie Smith audience
>>
>>8882511
this

>>8882527
no

>>8882896
>he wakes up
>shiggity diggity it twas but a dream
>door opens
>everybody gets on the floor
>everybody walks the dinodaur ;0
>>
>>8882501
And when return to it a month later, you will re-read and ask yourself

"WTF is this shit? Was I on drugs when I wrote this? This won't do at all! I have to redo it from scratch!"

And then the struggle repeats.

>>8882896
This is the worst shit you can do.
>>8882497
Real tip: go back through all the events of the book, find all the plotline threads that went unresolved, events that don't tie well within the story, unanswered questions, etc.

Try to tie as much of them together as you can in a coherent manner, unless there are specific ones you want to leave ambiguous. Try to tie them all to the main characters.

If your ending does not make sense, leave clues and hints through out the text that seem insignificant on their own, but make the ending not only possible, but plausible as well, so readers may look back and see how it all came to it.

can't tell you more than that without knowing the specifics.
>>
>>8883221
>And then the struggle repeats.
I'm worried about that.

But the other stuff is good advice. I have some notes about stuff I'd like to go back and put in based on the ending. Things to make it more plausible.

Thanks, anons!

pic unrelated
>>
We always the most critical of ourselves. what seems oversimplified or cliche to you may be clear and affirming to someone else.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.