[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked am I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2809.jpg (102KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2809.jpg
102KB, 520x800px
How fucked am I?
>>
Thats pretty subjective. However, i enjoyed it.
>>
best book
>>
I'm looking forward to it. Just long and I have to read it over Christmas break
>>
>>8882275
Are you a Johnnie?

Middlemarch was a really cool surprise when I had to read it. Ended up plowing through the first hundred pages in a sitting.

Incredibly readable.
>>
File: shadow of a doubt header.png (749KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
shadow of a doubt header.png
749KB, 1280x800px
I was gonna read this over the holidays but I decided to read Anna Karamazov instead. Did I screw up?
>>
>>8882275
>How fucked am I?
Ask you boyfriend when he gets home.

>>8883006
Just try not to die before getting to it. Staying alive is key.
>>
>>8882981
What should I look forward too?
>>
>>8882275
I got this under the Christmas tree from mom and dad. Still have to finish The Confidence Man and Dead Souls before I start on it though.
>>
>>8883118
I mean, I don't think there's much one could say about the plot; you're not reading this for a story. But Eliot's psychology is simply incredible. She offers all of these subtle shots of the characters that are incredibly penetrating, of people you could easily recognize, or of even "idealizations" of what you could imagine people becoming, like the exaggerated Casaubon. It might be better characterized as a philosophical novel. Treat it as something that could teach you about human relationships and the thing is simply phenomenal.
>>
>>8883952
That's what I've heard so far. More of a book about the characters. I am looking forward to it, as I've always enjoyed these types of stories more than stuff that is dominated by the plot direction
>>
>>8884487
If that's your cup of tea, then I suppose you'll enjoy it; personally I disliked it.
Albeit well written and thought out, I did not find the characters interesting—with the exception of the doctor, who reminded me of the novel A Man Cannot Cry, which is perhaps inferior, but to me more interesting—and while the prose is good, it is not stellar, nor can it carry the novel: Middlemarch is not to be read for the prose alone. Additionally the town felt barren, consisting only of people—there were no buildings nor places, unlike, say, in Hugo’s novels. It has very human characters, but not much else. Prose I neglected, but so did Eliot.

This is not specifically directed at (You), but is merely general criticism, and may possibly work as advice to others who are unsure whether or not to read it.
>>
>>8884825
Thank you. I am reading it for my junior year seminar as an English major. We just finished a semester of poetry and now we do narrative literature. This boards offerings on the piece make sense with the class, maybe not the most exciting plot or engaging prose but there is a lot of metaphysical material to be unpacked
>>
>>8882275
Might be my fav book, hope you enjoy it bro.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.