[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth a read? Thinkin about buying it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: THE_Bookof Law.jpg (152KB, 250x362px) Image search: [Google]
THE_Bookof Law.jpg
152KB, 250x362px
Is it worth a read? Thinkin about buying it
>>
Or should I buy this
>>
>>8879895
>>8879897
>buying
>>
>>8879938
What? Don't tell me a share a board with a poor fag
>>
Both are available in Thoth's Library on /x/. I would only but either if it was a nice edition. I have a first edition Liber Null. I would imagine you're early on the path of occultism if these are the books you're looking into. I would suggest Chumbley and Schulke instead.
>>
>>8879963
Thank you!
>>
This is difficult to understand, you need to have a background to really understand it. Occultist texts are full of references.
People like to start with it because Crowley was edgy.
Not memeing, Mythology and the Greeks are a good start. The Kybalion is a good intro book to occultism. Man and his symbols by Jung is also pretty good.
>>
File: 1480471604896.png (85KB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
1480471604896.png
85KB, 388x218px
>>8879963
Tell me why are you reading occult literature? You are seriously believing in some abracadabra stuff (sorry for my ignorance), or there are some "real" virtues in occult literature? I can imagine that there is a lot of emphasis on self-improvement and maybe some artistic value in its mysticism, but please give my your point of view (it'd extremely cool if you could show us some nice excerpts). Thanks!
>>
>>8880283
Not that guy, but for most is just curiosity. I know that there is a lot of revisionism on occultism study. Also, occultists study all sacred texts. The Bible is occult literature from their point of view.
I remember reading something about the gifts on Jesus birth (Gold, frankincense and myrrh), which in occultists say were common items used on pagan rituals. Basically, they believe that Christianism is fake and Jesus was a student of the occult himself. They have some nice points, imo, but all the ritualistic turns me off.
A lot of people had interest on it. Fernando Pessoa is one example. Isaac Newton read hermeticism.
>>
File: 1481610658234.jpg (600KB, 1681x1623px) Image search: [Google]
1481610658234.jpg
600KB, 1681x1623px
>>8880504
Thanks, that's what I more or less expected. I used to know one guy who was really into thelema or something like that. I have always been finding impressive his ability to learn whole tables of some mystic symbols and their meanings. Like he knew from top of his head all zodiacs, it's dates, meaning and mythology standing behind.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.