[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you plebs use as a word processor ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: talent.jpg (31KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
talent.jpg
31KB, 620x413px
What do you plebs use as a word processor ?
>>
>>8876897
TextEdit for most basic work (like, typing stuff)

OpenOffice to make things look professional

Word when I have special needs
>>
File: notepad-icon-7.png (61KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
notepad-icon-7.png
61KB, 256x256px
Wished there was a built in wordcount, but the ability to copypaste Raw is nice.
>>
Does nobody use Latex ?
>>
>>8876959
This.
>>
>>8876897
Word for shit like investment reports.

Focus writer for novel writing
>>
Microsoft Word 5.0
>>
Anyone got any WordProc that have word counts, but aren't garish and overpumped with unneccesary shit like graph inserters or clip art sims?
>>
>>8876984
For math papers, lol
>>
vim
>>
Google docs.

Saves to the cloud automatically and I can access all my stuff from any computer, as well as my phone
>>
wps writer, but notepad for dumb scribbles
>>
>>8878752
Writemonkey
>>
vim + latex
>>
File: 1474141553686.gif (1MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1474141553686.gif
1MB, 245x280px
>>8876897
nano

Fight me.
>>
Emas
>>
jarte
>>
>>8876984
yeah, when i need something professional

shit's tight
>>
Microsoft Paint
>>
>>8879692
hope this is a joke friend
>>
I'm on my scrivener free trial.

I like it a lot tbqh, probably will buy the license
>>
File: Disdain.png (228KB, 396x458px) Image search: [Google]
Disdain.png
228KB, 396x458px
>>8879721
>he doesn't use vim
>>
>>8876984
I use Latex for non-technical papers in philosophy.
It's beautiful typesetting, man.
>>
Ulysses
Bean
Word
Evernote
>>
>>8876984
No I go in raw
>>
I dictate my luxurious prose to my dog and she rips up the paper. I'm having a hard time, honestly.
>>
>>8879711
Autism over load
>>
>>8878949
enjoy the nsa reading all your gay fanfiction
>>
EMACS
M
A
C
S
>>
>>8879725
Same broh, definitely going to buy it.

If anyone hasn't heard of scrivener, get the free trial and learn to use it its amazing.
>>
>>8876897
Microsoft Word Starter 2010

Works well for me; published 2 books already. Well, the shitty kind of published; self-published.
>>
>>8876897
Scrivener.

I've never been able to write things in order so having multiple documents open in an orderly fashion is very handy.
>>
notepad offline
writebox online
>>
>>8876897
>They don't dictate their works to a naked high school boy that is kept chained to a lectern for that specific purpose
Plebs indeed.
>>
>>8876897
I use the text edit function in the Android app called "Ghost Commander." Don't have my own PC right now.
>>
>>8879928
Lmfao
>>
>>8876984
No because that's a compete waste of time.
>>
>>8877029
>Focus writer for novel writing
This

>>8878949
That's fucking disgusting.

>>8879725
>>8880492
It's too bloated and has too much useless shit built in.
>>
>>8880511
don't down yourself. That still takes a ton of work and love for the craft.
>>
>>8878949
I do this too senpai, but only because I write on a crap laptop that could die at any moment and the thought of losing my work terrifies the life out of me.
>>
>>8876897
First I write things down on pen and paper, then I scan the pages and use software wich I made that regocnizes letters and spaces from the picture and converts it in to text.
>>
>>8878949
I use Google Docs as well.

I wish there were better options though. Google docs is very fast for me to just change tabs and write down quick notes and I like to open it everywhere. I also don't have to mind about saving or recovering anything. But sometimes it takes a bit to load.

I'm very paranoid about internet control though and using Google docs is a complete paradox. It's not like I'm writing masterpieces or gems worth stealing, but I don't think that's the point, a lot of people don't get this. I don't doubt at all that they run algorhythms of keywords and keyphrases in google docs and have a very nice view of writing tendencies, running experiments through recommendations and deliberately exploiting, cultivating and bringing down ideas.
>>
>>8880958
Thanks for the encouragement. Got a third one in the works with ideas for others. I definitely see it being, if not an occupation, then at least a hobby. I've managed to get those two books done in October and November, but I don't think I'll get one done for December. Probably for the best that I not try to make a novel or novella a month. Anyways, I do intend to someday try for an ACTUAL publication with a proper publisher. don't know when; guess I'm waiting for a book that, to me, will pop out and feel like the best thing I've written so far. I think I need to stop putting smut in my books though; there's a fair bit in the first two, and so far, the third one already had a little. Quite graphic too; highly detailed, sometimes perhaps overly so.
>>
Notepad++ and Libre Office
>>
>>8876897
evernote
>>
>>8878949
You have to pay attention though. I once wrote a big chunk on gdocs from my computer, then added in something from my phone and later I found out that it hadn't updated by the time I wrote the second time and I lost what I had written. It becomes stressful after this happens.
>>
>>8880981
So maybe a good thing to do is just delete absolutely all of your work RIGHT NOW and start over. Consider.
>>
>>8879721
Not op but no that's not a joke
>>
>>8876897
WordPerfect
>>
>>8876897
What's wrong with Microsoft word or all you guys being contrarian?
>>
>>8882540
Yes, everyone is being contrarian.
>>
>>8876897
Google Docs for my novel projects.

Writer Duet for my screenwriting projects.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.