[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my ex girlfriend gave me this book a year ago, due to work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20161223_150858.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161223_150858.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So my ex girlfriend gave me this book a year ago, due to work and school being a bitch I never got around to reading it. I feel like a real dick now when I think about it cause I didn't appreciate the gift at the time.

I got a chance to read it this holiday, and it's one of my favorites now, anything similar to this?
>>
I haven't actually read that but The Count of Monte Cristo is great and by the same author so it should be a safe bet
>>
Dumas wrote two sequels, you know. His The Count of Monte Cristo is also fantastic.

I also recommend Sabatini's excellent adventure novels, e.g. Captain Blood (the title sounds silly but don't let that put you off, the book is marvelous and not silly at all), Scaramouche, The Sea-Hawk.
>>
>>8876223
count of monte cristo is better, but in terms of an adventure like it? mone that i know of, closest you'll find is picaresques, or as i like to call em, roguelikes, due to the counterfeit nature of bothe genres along with them being synonymous, simplicissimus, gil blas, and a protopicaro morgante by pulci as well as orlando furioso. both are poems though no less epic and rollicking in scale.
>>
>>8876223
I can't say from personal experience, but I've been told if you want to read Count that you should find an unabridged version, Buss's translation from Penguin for instance.
>>
I've read most of his work, and by far my favourite is The Black Tulip. Lesser known, but nontheless, fantastic. And for alternative you have Captain Fracasse and Theophile Gautier. Another lesser known work in English, that is right up there with the best adventure novels ever written.
>>
My ex gave me a framed picture for christmas, and when I broke up with her a few weeks later she told me to open it and look in the back. There was some love note written in it. Made me feel like shit at the time, but looking back on it she was pretty emotionally manipulative lmao.

She also gave me a book analysing the TV series Mad Men since it's my favourite. It was alright. She also got me a couple of books I asked for, like Blood Meridian.
>>
>>8876223
Tell us about your ex anon.

do you still Love her
>>
>>8876339
>I feel like a real dick now when I think about it cause I didn't appreciate the gift at the time.
We all know what he meant by this.
>>
>>8877024
I think you're in denial about her not finding out. If she suspected that you cheated, then it's likely that she came to the conclusion that you did.
>>
>>8877143

I don't think I'm in denial at all. She may very well have found out, hell she probably did, girls have a 6th sense with this shit. But it doesn't matter, I know the truth regardless and I know it was better for the whole thing to end. I just consider the whole relationship a learning experience.

Didn't expect to talk about that lol, but now that I have I feel like a small load i never noticed was there is off my chest as I've never told anyone this. Feel free to respond to my honesty as you see fit.

I'm sure when I'm older I'll look back and realize how small this all really was.
>>
File: xU0g3zB.jpg (131KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xU0g3zB.jpg
131KB, 1920x1080px
So you found a decent girl (which is a rare thing to found these days) and cheated on her?
This time guys OP is a faggot
Joking man, but really don't do it again, if you find a good woman, don't fuck it up, whatever i could be wrong
>>
>>8877214
Or maybe you will realize that it was a stepping stone to detaching yourself from morality and now that you are incapable of having a valuable trusting relationship you see that morality is rewarding but it requires a lifetime of practice. But probably your think. Adults are practically never haunted by regrets.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.